Norweigan Star, Los Angeles Port

kathyvisa

Hi does anybody know what port I have to go to once I get to LA, we are going on the Norweigan Star in October to the Mexican Riveria, Need transportaion to the port, I hear there are 2 ports, LA Harbor and Long Beach, Can anyone help me as to which one the Norweigan Star uses. Thank You

Hi does anybody know what port I have to go to once I get to LA, we are going on the Norweigan Star in October to the Mexican Riveria, Need transportaion to the port, I hear there are 2 ports, LA Harbor and Long Beach, Can anyone help me as to which one the Norweigan Star uses. Thank You

It's the San Pedro port, near Long Beach. But don't confuse it with the Long Beach Cruise Terminal. All Carnival ships depart from Long Beach. NCL ships depart from the The Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center in San Pedro.

Rather than start a new thread I'll pose my questions about L.A. here.

Sailing on the Star Mar 10, 2006.

1) Should we fly into LAX or John Wayne airport?

2) A decent place to stay overnight(or a few nights-depends) on where &

how much.

Paradise 1999

Inspiration 2000

Norwegian Sea 2001

Majesty of the Seas 2001

Costa Atlantica 2002

Paradise 2003

Destiny 2003

Jubilee 2004

Carnival Legend 2005

LGB Long beach airport is the closest I think, and very small and easy to get around in.

We stayed at the Sheraton San Pedro last year and found it very convienient with a free shuttle to the pier. I heard that they were no longer going to be a Sheraton as of this summer some time. The cost was under $100 per night, included a cont. breakfast, we were on the club floor. There really isn't much to see right in the San Pedro area for a longer stay.

Looks like LAX because we'll be flying Southwest(from Buffalo). Any ideas as to where could we stay that's not too far from the port(and who may have a shuttle)? Since it will be LAX we'd like to get a couple of days of sightseeing in. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Archived