Messed up C&A benefits - Mariner of the Seas 16 Jan 2014 sailing

My parents just returned from a 4N sailing out of Singapore on the Mariner of the Seas. They are Diamond C&A.

The loyalty perks were completely messed up. This was the first time that my parents were faced with paperless C&A coupons.

When they boarded, they were given a letter with the C&A perks, e.g. one-for-one glass of wine/beer. They are well aware of what these perks are, having enjoyed them so many times.

This time round, things were completely messed up, probably due to the poor training of the staff on board.

E.g. while dining at the speciality restaurant, my Dad asked for his one-for-one glass of wine. The servers insisted that this was not available in the restaurant, only available in the bars! My Dad had to get the Loyalty Manager on board to instruct the speciality restaurant otherwise.

Another example, Diamond C&A gives you a free photo per member. As both my Dad & MUm were Diamonds, they were entitled to 2 free photos. However, the chap at the photo shop INSISTED that it was one per cabin. Again, my parents had to ask the Loyalty Manager for her help. Again, the Manager had to instruct the photo shop otherwise.

On the final day, they read their bill and noticed that they were charged for an additional glass of wine. Instead of one-for-one, they were charged 2 glasses. When my mother went to the Guest Relations to clarify, again she was told the bill was right. Again the loyalty manager had to be brought into clarify and the matter was finally sorted out.

The cruise was pleasant but these repeated experiences left a bad aftertaste.

Not a good show.

Not sure the root causes. Perhaps the crew was untrained and relatively unfamiliar with C&A benefits.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

My parents just returned from a 4N sailing out of Singapore on the Mariner of the Seas. They are Diamond C&A.

The loyalty perks were completely messed up. This was the first time that my parents were faced with paperless C&A coupons.

When they boarded, they were given a letter with the C&A perks, e.g. one-for-one glass of wine/beer. They are well aware of what these perks are, having enjoyed them so many times.

This time round, things were completely messed up, probably due to the poor training of the staff on board.

E.g. while dining at the speciality restaurant, my Dad asked for his one-for-one glass of wine. The servers insisted that this was not available in the restaurant, only available in the bars! My Dad had to get the Loyalty Manager on board to instruct the speciality restaurant otherwise.

Another example, Diamond C&A gives you a free photo per member. As both my Dad & MUm were Diamonds, they were entitled to 2 free photos. However, the chap at the photo shop INSISTED that it was one per cabin. Again, my parents had to ask the Loyalty Manager for her help. Again, the Manager had to instruct the photo shop otherwise.

On the final day, they read their bill and noticed that they were charged for an additional glass of wine. Instead of one-for-one, they were charged 2 glasses. When my mother went to the Guest Relations to clarify, again she was told the bill was right. Again the loyalty manager had to be brought into clarify and the matter was finally sorted out.

The cruise was pleasant but these repeated experiences left a bad aftertaste.

Not a good show.

Not sure the root causes. Perhaps the crew was untrained and relatively unfamiliar with C&A benefits.

They just went paperless for a few days in only, but it shouldn't be an excuse for the miscommunication.

The old paper system IMO is easier.

Please do a proper feedback in the questionnaire.

I'm sorry your parents had such trouble. We sailed on the Allure in December and the Liberty just last week and had no trouble using our C&A Diamond+ coupons on either ship. They showed up automatically in the computer in all venues.

Do you have a photo of how this letter looks like? Curious. My next cruise on board Mariner is coming soon.

I wasn't on Mariner, but I made a copy of the new C&A benefits and coupon letter on post 57 on Jewel Southern review (linked in my sig) I haven't seen any other person post this letter yet for any ship, but I think the letters are pretty consistent across the fleet. However it sounds like ILuvCruisin's parents found it isn't always applied consistently. :(

FWIW, I really like the letter and new paperless system. Everything you are entitled to is printed on the letter, including the dates, times and places of any lounge access and loyalty parties. I loved having it all in one place on the day you embark, rather than having to hunt and peck in the Compass, or wait for an invitation to show up on your bed (maybe show up - some times mine haven't made it if either the LA or the cabin attendant is too busy to deliver:()

Edited by Familygoboston

I wasn't on Mariner, but I made a copy of the new C&A benefits and coupon letter on post 15 or 16 on Jewel Southern review (linked in my sig) I haven't seen any other person post this letter yet for any ship, but I think the letters are pretty consistent across the fleet. However it sounds like ILuvCruisin's parents found it isn't always applied consistently. :(

FWIW, I really like the letter and new paperless system. Everything you are entitled to is printed on the letter, including the dates, times and places of any lounge access and loyalty parties. I loved having it all in one place on the day you embark, rather than having to hunt and peck in the Compass, or wait for an invitation to show up on your bed (maybe show up - some times mine haven't made it if either the LA or the cabin attendant is too busy to deliver:()

Thank you!