Barefoot Beach on Coco Cay

RSLeesburg

Barefoot Beach on Coco Cay is open to anyone. It's on the far side of the island from where you get off the tenders.

Thanks. I am not sure of the logic behind naming the beaches the same, but yet have different criteria for using them.

Is this reserved for suite guests only, or is that just done on Laberdee?

I had seen a few video's online about Barefoot Beach, but once we arrived to Coco Cay and saw it for ourselves, we weren't impressed with that part of the island. I liked the area just off the JetSki ramps a lot more.

I had seen a few video's online about Barefoot Beach, but once we arrived to Coco Cay and saw it for ourselves, we weren't impressed with that part of the island. I liked the area just off the JetSki ramps a lot more.

Please tell more. It will be our first time here. Not sure where to go. Should we bring our snorkel gear? Is it any good?

Joni

Please tell more. It will be our first time here. Not sure where to go. Should we bring our snorkel gear? Is it any good?

Joni

Emphatically YES, bring your snorkeling gear: although you can rent stuff on CocoCay, your own equipment is likely to be better.

Not so much related to Barefoot Beach, but there is excellent snorkeling out from the 'main' beach to the right (away from the tender pier). There are two sunken planes, a sunken battery of cannons, etc. It's a ways out, but there are snorkeling platforms to use as resting spots, and lifeguards out there. They feed the fish at one of the lifeguard stations, and you will see HUNDREDS of fish in that area.

If you 'drop in' for the snorkeling briefing at the snorkeling shack on the beach, they'll tell you where all these things are. Be sure to bring an underwater camera!

Emphatically YES, bring your snorkeling gear: although you can rent stuff on CocoCay, your own equipment is likely to be better.

Not so much related to Barefoot Beach, but there is excellent snorkeling out from the 'main' beach to the right (away from the tender pier). There are two sunken planes, a sunken battery of cannons, etc. It's a ways out, but there are snorkeling platforms to use as resting spots, and lifeguards out there. They feed the fish at one of the lifeguard stations, and you will see HUNDREDS of fish in that area.

If you 'drop in' for the snorkeling briefing at the snorkeling shack on the beach, they'll tell you where all these things are. Be sure to bring an underwater camera!

Thank you so much. Your response convinced hubby th bring our gear. Looking up the map now.

Joni

I fell in love with Barefoot Beach on Coco Cay (Little Stirrup Cay is what Carnival calls it). I just went here in October on Carnival Fascination. My main priority was finding my way to this secluded beach and I was impressed. The sand was like powdered sugar and you could walk wayyyyyyyyyy out into the water and still be only about knee deep. Some friends and I spent over an hour sitting in the water, having cocktails, conversation and just staring out at the horizon. Very peaceful.

I would say that Barefoot Beach wouldnt be ideal for snorkeling since it is so shallow. We freaked some kayakers out when we saw them coming and stood up to get out of their way. Since we were so far out I bet they thought it was pretty deep.

There are SEVERAL pictures in my review in my signature below. You will have to skip pages to get to that section of the review. It was our last port stop on a 5 day sailing. So, if you just skip past first sea day, and then Nassau, you will begin to see the pics and offerings for Little Stirrup Cay (CoCo Cay)

Oh, and I liked it so much that I booked the same itinerary leaving out of Charleston on Carnival Fantasy. :)

Edited by All4fun&fun4all
booked it again

• 2 weeks later...
I fell in love with Barefoot Beach on Coco Cay (Little Stirrup Cay is what Carnival calls it). I just went here in October on Carnival Fascination. My main priority was finding my way to this secluded beach and I was impressed. The sand was like powdered sugar and you could walk wayyyyyyyyyy out into the water and still be only about knee deep. Some friends and I spent over an hour sitting in the water, having cocktails, conversation and just staring out at the horizon. Very peaceful.

I would say that Barefoot Beach wouldnt be ideal for snorkeling since it is so shallow. We freaked some kayakers out when we saw them coming and stood up to get out of their way. Since we were so far out I bet they thought it was pretty deep.

There are SEVERAL pictures in my review in my signature below. You will have to skip pages to get to that section of the review. It was our last port stop on a 5 day sailing. So, if you just skip past first sea day, and then Nassau, you will begin to see the pics and offerings for Little Stirrup Cay (CoCo Cay)

Oh, and I liked it so much that I booked the same itinerary leaving out of Charleston on Carnival Fantasy. :)

Loved you photos and review. If we were to park it on Barefoot beach and wanted to snorkel, how far of a walk would you say? Could you leave your stuff on Barefoot beach to do this and to get lunch & shop or did you take everything with you?