Help with hotels and transportation in New Orleans...

cruzzers

We are flying out a day ahead for a cruise in New Orleans. If anyone can give us recomondations for a good hotel, close to the cruise port in New Orleans and the French Quarter, it would be much appreciated. Also, how do most of you get from the airport to the hotel or cruisport and back? Any help you could give would be great! Thanks!;)

We were recently in NOLA for a conference. Stayed at the Marriott on Canal Street (close to the cruiseport and borders the French quater). Got it on Priceline for $79. The hotel was great, the staff were second to none, very accomodating. I requested a corner room overlooking the river, no problem. There's a Sheraton across the street that friends were staying at, it was a nice looking property as well. The rooms were nice but the riverviews were obstructed. Getting to and from the airport we used a taxicab. Flat rate of $28 for one-two people. There is a shuttle for $12 per person but did not want to stop at other hotels on the way to ours. ;)

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=MSYLA

edited to add Marriott link

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Convention Center, pre-cruise and the Drury Inn and Suites, post-cruise. If you are interested in more details, see my post under the New Orleans board.........I wrote a review of each hotel.

Archived