Lunch at Mullet or Maho?

icedancer43

We are in St. Martin from 8am-6pm and plan on visiting Mullet Bay beach and then Maho beach. Do both places have options for lunch? What suggestions does anyone for lunch?

Yes there is food available at both Mullet and Maho. If the actual meal is a priority then stopping at one of the restaurants in the Maho entertainment district which is between these two beaches might be a good option for you.

If seeing the big jets is important then I would eat at Maho because 11-2 is the best time to be there.

Not sure what restaurant options are in the general Maho area, but the two bars at either end of the beach itself have some food options. As Karysa said the big jets come in between 11 and 2 or 3 p.m. so that might affect where you eat. When I was there I didn't see any restaurants apart from the beach bars that actually overlooked the airport, but that was a couple of years ago so things might have changed.

Not sure what restaurant options are in the general Maho area, but the two bars at either end of the beach itself have some food options. As Karysa said the big jets come in between 11 and 2 or 3 p.m. so that might affect where you eat. When I was there I didn't see any restaurants apart from the beach bars that actually overlooked the airport, but that was a couple of years ago so things might have changed.

There are many food options in and around the Maho Complex, including Subway sandwiches, in addition to Guy's and Sunset, which are directly on the beach.

gary

• 2 weeks later...

At Mullet, there is at least one food shack that sells, ribs, chicken, burgers, etc.. And good ones at that! This will give you a good feel for local fare. Then eat at Sunset Beach Bar later in the afternoon as you watch the flights come in. You can still see the jets from Mullet, you're just not 30 feet underneath them:eek:.

Hi All,

We're planning to hit Maho beach during our cruise stop to watch the planes... my 10 year old has seen the youtube vids and really wants to see them first hand.

We'd also like to spend some beach time and enjoy a drink or two and perhaps lunch. My question is whether there are bathroom facilities (*NOT* portapotties) at either Mullet or Maho beaches? I could live with almost anything, my wife?? Not so much!

Thanks for all the great info on this site!

Gusman

We spent a few hours at Mullet last week and there were no restrooms. Only port-a-potty and it was DISGUSTING! However, the beach itself was beautiful and the bar/restaurant was great too! We will definitely be going back! We went to Maho after that but were only there a short time so not sure if Sunset bar had bathroom facilities. However, I will say that Maho is not a good beach for swimming especially for kids. We had 9 kids in our group and we only allowed them to go in up to their knees. The waves were big, the bottom was rocky and there was a big drop off. Mullet was much better for swimming. Oh I should also mention that we saw a few topless woman at Mullet too.

Edited by imluvncruzn

We spent a few hours at Mullet last week and there were no restrooms. Only port-a-potty and it was DISGUSTING! However, the beach itself was beautiful and the bar/restaurant was great too! We will definitely be going back! We went to Maho after that but were only there a short time so not sure if Sunset bar had bathroom facilities. However, I will say that Maho is not a good beach for swimming especially for kids. We had 9 kids in our group and we only allowed them to go in up to their knees. The waves were big, the bottom was rocky and there was a big drop off. Mullet was much better for swimming. Oh I should also mention that we saw a few topless woman at Mullet too.

sunset bar has regular bathrooms

• 2 weeks later...

When we were in St. Maarten the bathroom at Orient Beach was absolutely HORRIBLE ... they gave you a key to get in ... but there wasn't even a lock on the door...it was at one of the restaurants...and it was at the back of the restaurant on the outside....now at Maho and Sunset Bar there was actually an attendant standing there at the bathroom doors when we got there....and they were clean .... this was in May 2012.