Room assignment with Guarantee

Ubu

What no one has yet mentioned is that it's not just guarantees that get upgraded. (The very best upgrade we've gotten was from an assigned inside on the Royal TA to a balcony.)

Always, unless you're willing to accept any cabin in your category or higher, specify "no upgrade" when you book. There's also the "no upgrade except to a higher classification" option if you're more greedy than fussy, but you still can end up somewhere that displeases you.

I have been following these posts with great interest. We have never before booked guarantee but our TA had a very good deal in a balcony room sailing on the Princess Ruby on 2/24. This will be our first cruise on Princess. At the time of booking which was only in late Nov there was a sale on because they had lots of open cabins. Now all categories are sold out except inside so I am getting a bit nervous. Glad to hear yours was resolved. Does anyone know what happens to our luggage if we do not get a room assignment until checkin at the pier?

Thanks.

I have been following these posts with great interest. We have never before booked guarantee but our TA had a very good deal in a balcony room sailing on the Princess Ruby on 2/24. This will be our first cruise on Princess. At the time of booking which was only in late Nov there was a sale on because they had lots of open cabins. Now all categories are sold out except inside so I am getting a bit nervous. Glad to hear yours was resolved. Does anyone know what happens to our luggage if we do not get a room assignment until checkin at the pier?

Thanks.

It is my understanding that the porters have a list and will make your luggage tags for you.

As I mentioned in my post on those most aft Dophin deck mini-suites it's only the Diamond and Sapphire that have these staterooms that were originally handicap accessible cabins.

These are pix from the Star (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959727).

We just got off the Caribbean Princess and visited the aft mini during our cabin crawl...it was an exact duplicate of the cabin we had on the Star.

Guess there must be 4 ships with these cabins (maybe more?)