Is a Flight out of Miami at 10:50AM too early?

jgdiablo

We're looking to book our own flight. We are cruising out of Miami port on the Radiance of the Seas in November 2005. If we book a flight (really great price) that leaves Miami airport at 10:50AM, is there any shot at getting to the airport in time to make the flight?

Seems early for me. Assume maybe start disembarking at 8:30. 20 minutes in line for INS if lucky if you are one of the first called. 20 minutes to find luggage. 5 to 10 minutes in line for customs. That's 9:20. 30 minutes to airport in cab. Hour and half to checkin and clear security. The Miami airport is a madhouse with sometimes 150 people waiting to clear security.

You could make it, but you will be really rushing it. I missed an 11:40 flight out of Miami in January. If you are calculating waits, assume a lot more than 20 minutes for immigration, at least 30 minutes, it all depends on how many agents are sent to the ship.

If you do book that flight, you should probably be prepared to do the express disembarkment and carry off your own bags. That way you will get off the ship first and not have to stop and search for any bags - also, plan to use a taxi or car service and not use RCI's transfers.

You could make it, but you will be really rushing it. I missed an 11:40 flight out of Miami in January. If you are calculating waits, assume a lot more than 20 minutes for immigration, at least 30 minutes, it all depends on how many agents are sent to the ship.

If you do book that flight, you should probably be prepared to do the express disembarkment and carry off your own bags. That way you will get off the ship first and not have to stop and search for any bags - also, plan to use a taxi or car service and not use RCI's transfers.

I just did customized air through RCCL and they booked us on a 10:12am flight out of San Juan after we disembark the AOS - I questioned the early time and they said it was fine, the earliest flight that they were allowed to book was 10am. So, I took it - it gets us home earlier. I would say that if 10:50 is too early, so it 10:12 and RCCL's air department booked it for us.

Being a TA, if i book my clients on non-cruiseline air, i dont usually book them anything earlier then approx 1pm, just incase.

You never know when there could be a delay with a ship arriving, or a delay debarking, or traffic on the way to the airport.

The way i look at it is, better to be safe then sorry.

"We're looking to book our own flight. We are cruising out of Miami port on the Radiance of the Seas in November 2005. If we book a flight (really great price) that leaves Miami airport at 10:50AM, is there any shot at getting to the airport in time to make the flight?"

I am looking at that same flight LOL for my folks......who didn't want to book +6 months ago when I did and it was soooooo much cheaper! I called RCCL's custom air and asked them what's the earliest flight they book for cruises that get into Miami port at 8:30am. They told me 12noon for MIA and 12:30 for FLL.

Unfortunetly, 10:50am is probably not doable. Too much of a risk for my parents who are in their 70's! The next flight is after 1pm but the $$ doubles!!!:eek: Maybe they'll add another mid day flight?:confused: I hate to have them pay almost $300/pp **Highway robbery!!!**:mad:

Oh well, I'll keep looking and post back if something good comes up!

I just did customized air through RCCL and they booked us on a 10:12am flight out of San Juan after we disembark the AOS - I questioned the early time and they said it was fine, the earliest flight that they were allowed to book was 10am. So, I took it - it gets us home earlier. I would say that if 10:50 is too early, so it 10:12 and RCCL's air department booked it for us.

RCI's the one that booked my 11:40 flight out of Miami that I missed, when they don't recommend booking flights before noon out of Miami. Also, when I got to the airport RCI's rep told me he was too busy to help me rebook, even though he was supposed to help me. There was only one other person waiting at the counter and 3 people behind the counter that could've helped me, but wouldn't.

"We're looking to book our own flight. We are cruising out of Miami port on the Radiance of the Seas in November 2005. If we book a flight (really great price) that leaves Miami airport at 10:50AM, is there any shot at getting to the airport in time to make the flight?"

I am looking at that same flight LOL for my folks......who didn't want to book +6 months ago when I did and it was soooooo much cheaper! I called RCCL's custom air and asked them what's the earliest flight they book for cruises that get into Miami port at 8:30am. They told me 12noon for MIA and 12:30 for FLL.

Unfortunetly, 10:50am is probably not doable. Too much of a risk for my parents who are in their 70's! The next flight is after 1pm but the $$ doubles!!!:eek: Maybe they'll add another mid day flight?:confused: I hate to have them pay almost $300/pp **Highway robbery!!!**:mad:

Oh well, I'll keep looking and post back if something good comes up!

Suggestion, if it is really that much more expensive, what about having them stay the night and fly home the next day. With the difference, they could get a hotel room and still save.

Suggestion, if it is really that much more expensive, what about having them stay the night and fly home the next day. With the difference, they could get a hotel room and still save.

Funny thing! I ok'd the 6pm with dad and when I went to book it.....POOF! It was gone! I will look into next day flights - good idea. thanks!

Archived