Soda service fee

NatalieWood

Last time I cruised I purchased a bottomless bubbles sticker and noticed I was charged a service fee each time I got a soda. Regardless of whether I got it at the bar myself or had a waiter bring it I was charged $1.50 for service. This was not the case on my first cruise. I certainly want to tip for good service, but it's slightly annoying to be charged every time when I go get it myself. It makes sodas quite pricey. Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off the automatic tipping? Is there an option to tip on your own for drinks?

Thanks

Last time I cruised I purchased a bottomless bubbles sticker and noticed I was charged a service fee each time I got a soda. Regardless of whether I got it at the bar myself or had a waiter bring it I was charged $1.50 for service. This was not the case on my first cruise. I certainly want to tip for good service, but it's slightly annoying to be charged every time when I go get it myself. It makes sodas quite pricey. Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off the automatic tipping? Is there an option to tip on your own for drinks?

Thanks

First I ever heard of that. What ship was that on?

My wife always gets a soda card and pays for the soda card and the gratuity that covers all sodas throughout the week.

No further charges.

Bill

When we cruised in '12 we paid for the bottomless bubbles and never had to pay anything. We always made sure that we got our sodas before we went into the dining room for dinner and did not get sodas from the drink waiters in the MDR.

What is wrong with getting it from the drink waiter in the MDR? My son does this and I have seen other people do this and we were never charged

There is no service charge for bottomless bubbles. Are you sure you had the proper sticker? They don't even run your card if you have BB. They just look to make sure you have the sticker on your card. Are you sure you purchased it?

It was on the fascination. We did buy BB-- had the sticker. Perhaps it was a fee for something else. Of course, I can't find the paperwork now but I swear there was something that made me think it was a fee for sodas. We only got 4 alcohol drinks the whole time so I doubt it's that... I guess the moral of the story is I should have asked when I got the print out so I knew what I was paying for!

I'll be sure to ask next time... 1 month until the Breeze!! Can't wait! We're having a blizzard so it sounds even better!

Just got off Splendor with BB. We paid the gratuity up front when the sticker was purchased...it was just part of the package and not negotiable. There was NEVER any receipt when we got a soda and most times the card was never even swiped (the few times it was swiped was only for identification purposes to look at the photo of who was actually getting the soda).

Sent from my iPad

Thanks

Were you dreaming.