Stay Bayport or near airport?

RunnerGirl26.2

We are cruising out of the Bayport terminal. Flying into IAH on Friday pre cruise. Flying back home out of Hobby. Not planning to rent a car. Four travelers. Staying one night pre-cruise and one night post-cruise.

Pre-cruise: Debating on staying near IAH for ease of access to any last minute shopping; wine purchase; etc. (early morning flight;airport shuttle then car service to terminal on Saturday) Or stay near port (car service from IAH to hotel most likely). From what I have read, there are few amenities near the terminal.

Post-cruise: Morning flight out of Hobby, so probably better/easier to pick something near the airport with a shuttle. Not sure about transportation to hotel post cruise.

So if anyone has thoughts or suggestions, I would appreciate them very much. I like to get things planned.

Pre cruise I would recommend staying closer to the cruise terminal. If you need to do any last minute shopping there is nothing near IAH unless you want to venture into some questionable areas.

You might want to look at staying in La Porte, Kemah, or Seabrook. All are about five minutes from Bayport.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Forums mobile app

As a local resident I HIGHLY suggest staying in Kemah or Clear Lake, there are plenty of hotels and most have shuttle service to the Port and local shopping/entertainment. Besides being close to the port Clear Lake has Space Center Houston, The Kemah Boardwalk and some of the best seafood and dinning locations this side of town. I would suggest either the Holiday Inn Kemah, Clear Lake Hilton or the Comfort Inn Seabrook.

Here are two reviews from CC that might help

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974535

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1975845

Martin