Aft wrap or lido balcony?

RCH1234

I had a lido balcony booked (second cabin from the pool area) for $726. I just noticed the aft wrap is available for $960 solo! I know it's more space than I need but I'm seriously considering upgrading. I can't see this deal coming along again anytime soon. An inside was $855 just a few days ago.

Thoughts?

Edited by RCH1234

Have cruised in both types of cabins. I would pick the Lido as it's very quiet in that area and very close to food and activities.

Have noticed in Aft balconies that if we are next to anyone that smokes, it tends to linger more. Also...aft balconies seem to attract party goers. My hubby and I like the quiet aspect of cruising.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on it. I've heard the views are amazing back there and I paid almost as much for my last cruise for an interior cabin. I probably won't use it as much as a couple but it's half the price a couple would pay so makes it the same pp.

I think you should try it.

After that, you'll know if you like it better or not.

I guess I've been lucky with the aft cabins. Never had any problem with partiers and I'm one that likes peaceful time on my balcony. I've had much louder neighbors in the regular balcony cabins.

Have cruised in both types of cabins. I would pick the Lido as it's very quiet in that area and very close to food and activities.

Have noticed in Aft balconies that if we are next to anyone that smokes, it tends to linger more. Also...aft balconies seem to attract party goers. My hubby and I like the quiet aspect of cruising.

I know what you're saying, I booked the lido because of it's amazing location but I think it would be very cool to have that big balcony to myself with those great views! I don't mind the party goers at all :). I actually like the fact it will be easier to talk with people in the balcony next to me.

Sounds like it might work for you then. Other thing in Aft is there is a bit more side to side wiggle motion of the ship. In the front cabins the motion is more up and down.

If seas are quiet, won't be an issue.

Have fun! You do have to try an AFT at least once.

I know what you're saying, I booked the lido because of it's amazing location but I think it would be very cool to have that big balcony to myself with those great views! I don't mind the party goers at all :). I actually like the fact it will be easier to talk with people in the balcony next to me.

If you go the aft wrap route please let us know what you think. I would try it in your shoes.

You have a lot of good info. I will give you a couple comparisons if you can stand any more. We have been lido balcony and loved the location-close to front pool,waterslide, food ,etc. We were right of the elevator/stairs and right to our room. Very convenient.

The aft wrap is for the views that you don't get in a balcony really because it's the one side as well as the whole back.. The deck is large and my sil and i could have slept out there-very peaceful. The first night out to sea it was rocky but not too bad. There are still pools and food above and below you so it's not far to anything. Of course bars being everywhere.

As far as smoke-we we're never bothered by it on aft but we had a cigar smoker beside us in balcony. Can't control that I guess.

We booked a lido balcony simply because we are traveling with another couple and trying to keep costs down. Aft was double the price.

Thanks to everyone that replied! You've been a great help.

Do you get much sun on the aft balcony? I'd love to lay out there with a book, a drink and get a tan away from the crowds every once in awhile.

Edited by RCH1234

Go for it! I have never been a balcony snob, but I have to say I LOVED my aft wrap balcony on Sunshine! It does seem like we felt more motion there than anywhere else I have ever stayed. (I have been on Lido, Empress, front, middle, aft.)

And, yes, you will have lots of room to lay out in the sun. We had smokers on one side of us, but I never smelled smoke or had any problem with our neighbors. Everyone should have a chance at an aft wrap at least once! :D

Do you get much sun on the aft balcony? I'd love to lay out there with a book, a drink and get a tan away from the crowds every once in awhile.

Yep...we do it every cruise!!

Amount of sun and for how long varies on many factors....but we definintely LOVE being out there as much as possible. We love to watch the wake and enjoy the stars too!! ;)

We have never cruised before so I certainly can't give an opinion about which you should choose. However, we have an aft wrap balcony booked for April and for the price you are getting yours, you are crazy not to snag that deal!

Let us know what you decide!

Will do. I'm just home from work and making my decision in the next hour. Do I go for location of the lido room or that GREAT balcony!?!? Decisions, decisions...

I know you get plenty of sun on Deck 6 & 7 (Dream, Freedom, Liberty). I think the top deck has a bit more of an overhang, but never been in that cabin.