Have you ever thought in port...

Lady Anna & Sir Troy

Wondering if you have ever thought once you reached a port (In Alaska) that it was so beautiful you could just sit there in a quiet spot looking around and you would be satisfied?

If so - where was that - and what did you do? :D

This is coming from someone who almost always has activities planned. But one day in port I was still wheelchair bound so my husband helped me off the ship and I limped over to a nearby cafe/restaurant by the the waterfront and we just sat there - for two hours. It was one of the best days of my life.

Sitka Alaska. Didn't have the typical Diamonds International/Souvenir shops lining the streets. Quaint and quiet. Especially if you can get to the Raptor Center in the rain forest behind it, there are benches. We sat there and just listened to the quiet for quite awhile. Then continued down the hill to the Cultural Center and saw them carving totems and dancing.

For Alaska cruise ports, that would be my fav.

For towns, I have to place Dawson City Yukon in first place. Think gold rush days and picture the towns. Wooden boardwalks, dirt streets, quiet walks along the Yukon River. TOTALLY AWESOME!

Sitka Alaska. Didn't have the typical Diamonds International/Souvenir shops lining the streets. Quaint and quiet. Especially if you can get to the Raptor Center in the rain forest behind it, there are benches. We sat there and just listened to the quiet for quite awhile. Then continued down the hill to the Cultural Center and saw them carving totems and dancing.

For Alaska cruise ports, that would be my fav.

For towns, I have to place Dawson City Yukon in first place. Think gold rush days and picture the towns. Wooden boardwalks, dirt streets, quiet walks along the Yukon River. TOTALLY AWESOME!

Wow, that sounds fantastic! We are heading to Sitka for the first time this May. I have a wildlife boat trip planned with Sitka Sound that I am super excited about, and then after planned to go to Sitka Raptor Center. So great that is will be relaxing.

L.A.S.T.