hotel prices in early December - peak?

youngestof9

in Miami - sorry - couldn't edit title.

Hi - I've stayed in Miami twice pre-cruise, once in January (reasonable), once in February (more expensive).

Now looking to stay on a Thursday night in early December. Found the Intercontinental for $168, but not sure what the pricing is around that time - I wouldn't think it was peak time, but not sure. In fact that price was cheaper than the HI Port or the Courtyard downtown.

Just trying to figure if I should jump on that or if I should wait it out a little and could get a downtown hotel cheaper.

Any advice?

thanks!

Edited by youngestof9

A week day in early December should be lower than that. You can book if you want... as long as you can cancel while you hunt for deals closer to the date. I'd use lastminutetravel, PL or HW on a date like that. The IC shows up on off nights at those sites.

A week day in early December should be lower than that. You can book if you want... as long as you can cancel while you hunt for deals closer to the date. I'd use lastminutetravel, PL or HW on a date like that. The IC shows up on off nights at those sites.

thanks - the $168 for IC was on lastminutetravel. I may just get it and then hunt for deals as you suggest. You can cancel on LMT with full refund up to 3 days before. Thank you.

Those first couple weeks in Dec are low cost for hotels, air and cruising. Most everyone waits for during or post the holidays. I definitely wouldn't book at that rate.. for keeps. I'd wait till Sept to even start to look.

Those first couple weeks in Dec are low cost for hotels, air and cruising. Most everyone waits for during or post the holidays. I definitely wouldn't book at that rate.. for keeps. I'd wait till Sept to even start to look.

Actually, the posters dates are over Art Basel and that brings 150,000+ people to Miami. I would book at that rate because prices will go up but I'd also keep shopping.

Actually, the posters dates are over Art Basel and that brings 150,000+ people to Miami. I would book at that rate because prices will go up but I'd also keep shopping.

Thanks! When I searched what's happening in Miami that week I saw that was going to be there but had no idea how many people that would bring.

Decided to book the IC - called LMT.com and got it for $161. I'll continue to look to see if it goes down, but I am happy with that rate - was hoping to spend around $150, so if I got it a smidge more, I'm okay - it's a nice hotel.

Thanks to you both for your advice!

Thanks! When I searched what's happening in Miami that week I saw that was going to be there but had no idea how many people that would bring.

Decided to book the IC - called LMT.com and got it for $161. I'll continue to look to see if it goes down, but I am happy with that rate - was hoping to spend around $150, so if I got it a smidge more, I'm okay - it's a nice hotel.

Thanks to you both for your advice!

That is a really good rate for that weekend.

I highly suggest you get out and see some of the art. Lots of parties and exhibits going on that weekend. Tons of fun!

BTW, the city offers free shuttles all weekend to and from the beach and downtown. I suggest you hop on one and take it over to Wynwood which is kind of the hub of hip art.

Or you can just take the free shuttle to South Beach for lunch or dinner.

Edited by BlueHerons

That is a really good rate for that weekend.

I highly suggest you get out and see some of the art. Lots of parties and exhibits going on that weekend. Tons of fun!

BTW, the city offers free shuttles all weekend to and from the beach and downtown. I suggest you hop on one and take it over to Wynwood which is kind of the hub of hip art.

Or you can just take the free shuttle to South Beach for lunch or dinner.

great to know! Didn't book flights yet, so it depends on when we get into town, but I'd love to do that. Thank you :)