Annoying website issues, constant problems accessing reservation.

Does anyone else have constant problems accessing their reservation... Seems like everyday there is something new that doesn't work. Then the website works again for a day, and then is broken again. Sometimes I can book shore excursions, other days that feature doesn't work... I have tried going in the back way, sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday I could access it through the countdown to cruise, and noticed my cruise showed a negative amount equivalent to the total I have paid so far for my cruise (like when you cancel a shore excursion or spa treatment and are getting a credit back)... crazy, I hope they refund the whole amount, and I still get to go on the cruise that would be amazing.

So annoyed. This is my first time booking with RCI, I hope the cruise is better than the website. ...Cuz I am beginning to hate the website. I was just trying to get in to finish setting up my shore excursions, but I guess I will wait a little longer. I sent an email to RCI, we will see if it helps.

Also receiving repeat, and incorrect emails referring to my cupcake order. Oh well, hope it all works out right in the end.

I've had a few issues with the site and reservations being unavailable as you have over the past few days. Its always been resolved within an hour or so.. Its working for me currently..

The cruise and RCCL's service have both been great so don't let the site's experience sour you on the trip..

On Sunday I attempted to do a courtesy hold on a choice cabin and I got stuck on the page where you indicate your dining time. When I clicked on the courtesy hold button I kept getting the message that my dining time was not available. I tried every possible time and then tried not choosing any dining time, but could never progress past the page to the point where it would give me a booking number. I gave up because I had to leave but when I got back to my computer later in the day, I had an email saying my courtesy hold was confirmed and I got my booking number. It was frustrating at the time, but I am grateful that it finally worked out for me as I had nabbed the last cabin in the location I wanted. I've had problems with their website before so I understand your frustration.

Clearing your cache sometimes helps. Also, there are a few posts around here with alternate ways to access your reservation. I tried this recently and it got me past the error message and let me see and modify the reservation.

yeah, I was able to go in the "back" way for a while...

Just checked my credit card statement, and was charged for 2 sets of cupcakes I didn't order today, I did order, but I did order 1 set of cupcakes a month ago...ugh. I also got charged for "Mailing cruise docoments" once too, even though I choose to have them delivered online. I am not having a good experience with my online booking so far. ....But that being said, When I call to have things fixed, I have had nothing but incredible costumer service, and have had no problems getting these "extra" charges reversed.

I guess my warning to others would be, keep an eye on things.

Clearing your cache sometimes helps. Also, there are a few posts around here with alternate ways to access your reservation. I tried this recently and it got me past the error message and let me see and modify the reservation.

Well, yeeehaw, Clearing my cache worked... YAY! thankyou, thankyou

Yeah, it's a problem :rolleyes: I always remind people who are new not to get too discouraged, yes, the pre boarding computer experience can be pretty gnarly, (I've had my own tangles:() but the on board experience can be pretty great!

Another thing that sometimes works for people is to try another browser; if you are using Explorer, try Chrome etc. That seems to help sometimes!

The RCL website does have its quirkiness and it can be quite annoying to the user at times. Their Customer Support albeit friendly, can not resolve many of the issues, because the issues are "glitches" in the system. Hopefully, by reporting the errors on the website, the IT group can improve the user's experience. That being said...

This message has been showing for 6 weeks under the Vacation Summary, for the ground transportation "more info" link.

We are upgrading and improving our reservation system this weekend to create a better guest experience for you. While some aspects of the reservation system may not be fully operational, we are ready to help with any new reservation inquiries - and encourage you to call us during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope you?ll visit again soon to continue planning your vacation.

Why have a link that doesn't work? (quirk #1)

I tried to notify RCI by phoning, but all that Customer Support could tell me is that it was a "glitch", as there was no technical write-up about this error in their database.

Then when I tried to notify RCI of this "glitch" by sending a screen image of this error msg in a .jpg format, the on-line email form responded with another error msg to "try again later". Why try to report errors and get another error? (quirk #2) Without the attached file, the on-line email form worked fine. Why state that you can attach a file, if the form doesn't work? (quirk #3)

In computer programming this would be called a loop. A loop is a sequence of instructions that is continually repeated until a certain condition is reached. Frustration!:(;)