Tin Leg Insurance ???

beachsands

Has anyone used this company for their cruise insurance?

The Tin Leg insurance policies on squaremouth are quite a bit cheaper then other insurance companies. After googling them it seems this is a Squaremouth company. The fact that they are some sort of affiliate of Squaremouth doesn't concern me, its just that they are so apparently new, i would be concerned about their ability to pay any large claims.

Any one care to chime in with their .02 worth.

Joel

Sirwired,

Thanks for the reply. I see AmMo is rated A+. I found that in the fine details of one of the policies. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has had to file a claim. I would be interested to see how the claim would be handled. Anybody purchased from Tin Leg?

Joel

Most travel insurers are backed by some very much larger insurance company. In TinLeg's case, it's backed by American Modern Insurance, which in turn is owned by Munich Re, one of the largest insurers in the world.

• 3 weeks later...

I found out that they don't cover you while in Haiti. So those who go to Labadee beware. There are a few other countries as well. They don't tell you that in advance, until you click to buy, then a popup comes up with this list of places where they won't cover you.

Joel