Small space workouts

Gypsydrifting

Since our last cruise I have lost 87 pounds. I saw the photos of us on formal night and was disgusted by what I saw. It has been two years now. I have hit a plateau. Working out for me is very limited due to my lifestyle and the space I have to do it in. DH and I drive otr for a living. We are healtht eaters, I prepare our food, we do not eat out, we do not eat sweet, only lean meats, fruits, veggies, and the occasional cheat here and there. The problem comes to workouts. We live in an 8 foot by 8 foot box, essentially. With only about a 2 foot by 3 foot usable space, besides a full size bed. We do get out and walk between loads, but our industry isnt like normal trucking it is specialized trucking, and never know when or where we will be headed somewhere new. Most of our time is spent either driving or sleeping. Usually the weekends are our only free time while we arent moving down the road. Any suggestions for such a small space??

Pinterest has some great workouts that do not require a lot of space. I recommend ones that work out specific muscle groups. Hand weights are good because you can keep them under the bed, seat, etc. I have been doing a thigh, arm, and ab workout. You can definitely do these on the bed.

I will be 60 in July. Two years ago I wore a size 16 now I am a 6. I have a bad back and arthritis in most joints. But I use stretching that for the most part only takes the area that I take up. It has changed my life. You are on the right track with your diet. Natural is best nothing artificial.

I tell my sister not to dwell on her failures when she cheats just get back on tract.

I am fairly new to cruise critic. I guess I should have joined way back. I read some of the comments posted today regarding weight loss. I must say I was very proud to read these comments. I am a large person as well and struggling to get the weight off. I need some of those desk technics, since I spend much of my day behind a desk.

Please hang in there and continue to drop the weight.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Star

• 3 weeks later...
Since our last cruise I have lost 87 pounds. I saw the photos of us on formal night and was disgusted by what I saw. It has been two years now. I have hit a plateau. Working out for me is very limited due to my lifestyle and the space I have to do it in. DH and I drive otr for a living. We are healtht eaters, I prepare our food, we do not eat out, we do not eat sweet, only lean meats, fruits, veggies, and the occasional cheat here and there. The problem comes to workouts. We live in an 8 foot by 8 foot box, essentially. With only about a 2 foot by 3 foot usable space, besides a full size bed. We do get out and walk between loads, but our industry isnt like normal trucking it is specialized trucking, and never know when or where we will be headed somewhere new. Most of our time is spent either driving or sleeping. Usually the weekends are our only free time while we arent moving down the road. Any suggestions for such a small space??

Great job on the weight loss!

Look into exercising with resistance bands. They take zero space to store and many are done sitting or lying down. You will work your own muscles against each other isometrically. These exercises can be done in a limited amount of space and you can spend as much or as little time on them as you want. There are numerous videos on You Tube showing resistance band exercises.