Carnival kids

megann831

S/O rules on a cruise, we're taking our daughter who will be 4 in March and our son who will be 2 in May on a cruise in April. I thought the suggestion about a wrist band with the cabin number is a great idea. Does Carnival do this or should we bring our own. I'm assuming since they are so young I don't really need to go over rules other than to stay with us.

My daughter has a peanut allergy, is there a spot for that on the bracelet? Because of that, and I'm worried about her getting lost from the group, I'll probably keep her with us for dinner, but if she did want to go to the kid club for dinner do they serve food with peanuts? like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

Carnival has wristbands for the kids with their muster station listed, but not cabin number. I think you could take a sharpie and write the cabin number on there though!

My then-2.5 year old REFUSED to wear the wristband. I mean like broke down in hysterics when it came near him. I ended up putting it on the belt loop of his shorts! Other parents had luck around the ankle.

I don't know about food sensitivities/allergies exactly. I do know that one of the CC forms asks about these, so the staff certainly is aware. I would discuss any concerns you have with the staff on the first night -- I'm sure they have a procedure for this since allergies affect so many children.

Our kids were a bit older when they were in the clubs but they never had any nut or peanut foods in the clubs.

The kids meals I have seen on the lido are from the kid's menu- pizza, tenders, fries etc. There will be an allergy form to fill out and, unless the form has changed 'Peanuts' will have to be written in.

Go to the MDR during embarkation. A hostess will come around every night and take her order for the next day. Talk to the Lido chef.

Our DD is allergic to peanuts and doesn't go thru the hostess. We have cruised many times and know the menu.

Very few things have peanuts in them on Carnival. I know the duck appetizer in the MDR does and so does the choc cake from room service.

We avoid the Mongolian Wok. We do not know what is in the sauces and even the hottest sauce is too mild for her. (Because it didn't make my eyes water.) The woks are swished between uses and the lids aren't.

I don't know what has changed since our last cruise on Carnival (in 2002 when our girl was 4), but back then, food wasn't allowed in the kids' area. You can ask the staff on the first night (at the registration meeting) if there's snacks. If so, you would have to emphasize the allergy. I'm guessing that if there's a good number of kids, they'll be others with the same or other allergies.

There was a cookie decorating activity each cruise back then, but it was always held in the Lido dining room (the buffet). There was also kids' dinners, often on formal nights (so parents can have dinner with the kiddies), but again, it would be in the buffet and not in the kids' area. On those nights, you can have your kid skip the kids' dinner (no activities are mandatory) and have her eat with you.

And yes, Carnival will put a wristband on each child. You can practice with paper wristbands in the meantime to get them used to them if you think they may have an issue. If either of them are bringing a favorite stuff animal, you can make a wristband (with your cabin number) for the toy just in case it gets left behind in someplace on the ship. We did this when our girl wanted to bring a bear on one cruise.

My son is special needs (feeding tube) and Fascination was amazing with him. His badge was the same as anyone else with his allergies just on a sticker on the back.

That being said, NO WAY would I let a peanut kid eat with the kids club. There were 20 kids with them some days. Your kid could easily grab something not safe off someone else's plate while their back was turned. They eat on Lido (not in the kids club).

We took our kids to dinner, ordered their kids meals with our appetizers, and then one of us took them up to Camp Carnival about 7 when the camp was returning from dinner (tyically between appetizers and main course coming out for us in the MDR)

Edited by luvsviola

My son has a red dye allergy and our friends daughter that cruised with us has a peanut allergy. They do not serve peanut snacks in the kids club. Also there name tags will specify they have an allergy.

In the MDR just talk to the hostess and watch out they garnished the peanut allergy kids chicken strip plate with PEANUTS! Come on! LOL