Trace Adkins on Carnival?

lbfluffy

I'd bet that he was committed to this contract long before the incident on NCL. It's sad, IMO, as Trace is a great guy, but alcohol does strange things to people. Trace is a GREAT supporter of our military, and has spent lots of time, and money in that endeavor. He's one of only about three or four in the list that I'd actually spend additional money to see. :cool:

"SKY"

I'd bet that he was committed to this contract long before the incident on NCL. It's sad, IMO, as Trace is a great guy, but alcohol does strange things to people. Trace is a GREAT supporter of our military, and has spent lots of time, and money in that endeavor. He's one of only about three or four in the list that I'd actually spend additional money to see. :cool:

"SKY"

Lady A, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Trace Adkins, Gavin DeGraw

As you can tell by my CC Name I'm a Trace Adkins fan....I had several friends on that cruise who saw first hand what happened. Hope people don't believe TMZ! Neal McCoy, an artist that was on the cruise posted on his Facebook page his view of it all, and other artists have given radio interviews of it as well.

I'm excited to see all these artists - and was really excited when I heard the dates because Hubby and I will be in port in Cozumel on the Conquest the week of April 7th - but no shows that week for us. Dangit. That would have been a great bonus to our cruise!

As you can tell by my CC Name I'm a Trace Adkins fan....I had several friends on that cruise who saw first hand what happened. Hope people don't believe TMZ! Neal McCoy, an artist that was on the cruise posted on his Facebook page his view of it all, and other artists have given radio interviews of it as well.

I'm excited to see all these artists - and was really excited when I heard the dates because Hubby and I will be in port in Cozumel on the Conquest the week of April 7th - but no shows that week for us. Dangit. That would have been a great bonus to our cruise!

Per John Heald, answering my question on that the bigger ships/7+ day cruises will be in the 2nd Phase of the program and per him with bigger stars in involved. I was hoping we would have one on our Dream cruise in May for our Nassau day so we could have more time to spend at Atlantis that day.

You do understand that these artists are not sailing on the ships. They are flying into the port and performing on the ship and then departing the ship (for their posh hotel suite) before it sets sail. The port calls have been extended to 1am on the days when concerts are performed. This way the performer can give a concert on multiple ships. For example, Trace Adkins is performing:

13 Oct 14 - Fascination (Nassau)

14 Oct 14 - Sensation (Nassau)

24 Nov 14 - Fascination (Nassau)

25 Nov 14 - Fantasy (Nassau)

You will be paying for and watching the concert while the ship is peirside.

You do understand that these artists are not sailing on the ships. They are flying into the port and performing on the ship and then departing the ship (for their posh hotel suite) before it sets sail. The port calls have been extended to 1am on the days when concerts are performed. This way the performer can give a concert on multiple ships. For example, Trace Adkins is performing:

13 Oct 14 - Fascination (Nassau)

14 Oct 14 - Sensation (Nassau)

24 Nov 14 - Fascination (Nassau)

25 Nov 14 - Fantasy (Nassau)

You will be paying for and watching the concert while the ship is peirside.

Yep - which I think is great...while the idea of getting "close" to these artists is fun, I wouldn't want it to be the reason for the cruise. Having a concert as a sort of excursion works just fine for me.