My Daughter's 14th Birthday on the Ship!

krdougan

My daughter will be celebrating her 14th birthday while we aboard the Dream. That day is a day at sea and will likely be our 2nd formal night. We are traveling on the cruise in a large group of over 40 people. She has 5 or 6 very good friends of hers going on the trip. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything that we could do aboard the ship to have some sort of birthday party for her and all her friends.

Thanks!

My daughter will be celebrating her 14th birthday while we aboard the Dream. That day is a day at sea and will likely be our 2nd formal night. We are traveling on the cruise in a large group of over 40 people. She has 5 or 6 very good friends of hers going on the trip. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything that we could do aboard the ship to have some sort of birthday party for her and all her friends.

Thanks!

Contact JohnHeald on Facebook or his blog. He will help if he can. You can find a link to his blog through Carnivals website.

Dave

Go to the dollar store and get some decorations for the room. I surprised my DD and her BFF with graduation decorations for their cabin. I covered their door with a plastic table cloth that said congrats grad, and then a bunch of stuff for their room. They were surprised and loved it! (they also got a lot of comments on the door decorations)

Hehe I'm mean to my kids so I'd get her a hat or sash, just something that she wears, that shows that it is her birthday and have her wear it all day.

Go to the steakhouse, don't know about the her age and the spa. But maybe a trip to the hair salon for an undo and a mani/pedi for formal night.

Thanks for the responses. I have contacted John Heald and am waiting on a response from him.

We did not go through the group coordinator because at the time we booked they were having a special sale that was better than we would have gotten with group pricing.

I like some of these ideas, but would love some more!

Make gift bags for her friends. Glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets are a favorite, along with candy, plastic tiaras, small tubes of hand lotion. Hide them in an extra suitcase. (She will need that suitcase to take home her presents.)

Bring birthday or themed cake plates to the dining room that evening and set birthday or party hats on each dinner plate to decorate the table. Make sure she is the last one to arrive at the table. Order banana splits to go along with the birthday cake. If her birthday is towards the end of the cruise bananas may be gone but they will still serve the sundaes minus the banana.

Send flowers to her cabin for bon voyage and/or get her a wrist corsage to wear on her birthday. They do a lovely job on the ship.

Whatever you decide to do will be great. I love to celebrate on Carnival.

Wish your daughter a happy birthday from the Cruise Critic members you forgot to invite :D and Happy Sails.

There are meeting rooms aboard most ships. See if you can reserve one and have trays of pastries and cookies and punch setup in that room to celebrate her birthday.

You can go to a dollar store and buy streamers and wall decorations and decorate the room yourself to save money.