Do you think time enough for beach & sky tram

We will be in St. Thomas and have our sons with us (4 and 7)....we were wondering is we would have time for the Skytram and some time at the beach?

If so:

1. Which one first beach or tram?

2. Which beach is best and/or closest to the tram or does that matter?

We leave very soon and would be very greatful for any suggestions or information!

Thanks!

DC

Hello DC,

Yes you can do both. Do the tram first as your kids will likely enjoy the bird show and it only happens at 10:30am and 1:30am.... so if you go in the am you can catch the early one and then have the rest of the day to do the beach.

The closest beach would be Morningstar.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Thanks for the speedy reply Islander. How long does the sky tram take? I have not heard of the morningstar beach??? Would it be worth going to Magen's Bay or Sapphire which they talk about all of the time on these boards even if it is further?

Thanks again!!

DC

Hello DC,

The tram ride takes about 7 minutes each way.

Morningstar Beach, the two Mariott resorts are located there. Its a pretty beach, the water area deepens more quickly then some other beaches and the water isn't as clear because of a mild wave action. Nice beach bar/restaurant.

What do you want at the beach, perhaps that will help narrow down your choices of beaches? For example Magens Bay and Morningstar don't have good snorkeling. Sapphire and Coki do. They all have chairs, all have food. Morningstar and Sapphire have watersports booths. What else might you be looking for?

--Islander

http://www.*****

Hey Islander

My sons are young. My youngest just likes to "dig" and play in the sand. My oldest will do about anything. He likes to snorkel but his personality is very laid back and just glad to be here :)

Nice beach, chair rental, pretty water, not too rough, snorkel or not, restrooms and somewhere to get a cold drink and snack.

Once again, thank you for your help!

DC

Archived