Info : Epic cabin 9198 please?

anandaindonesia

Just recived email from my TA, that NCL has given us an upgrade. From balcony BE on deck 10 to "mid-ship balcony" BA on deck 9.

I count my blessings, but :

a. My old cabin is near the elevator. Being mid-ship it's quite a walk both from fore and aft elevators.

b. Deck 9 means one deck nearer to the life boat (possibility of reflective heat? sea-view blocking? etc).

Kindly info or photo of this cabin location. Unless there is a serious objection, I tend to accept this upgrade to 9198.

Thank you, upgrade fairies!

Still waiting any pro and con for 10068 against 9198 on Epic.

Help please. Thank you.

There are thousands of cabins across 15 ships which comes to lots of cabins. There just are not enough people here to answer questions about each and every cabin on each ship. Maybe somebody will come along, but your best bet is to look at the deck plans and make decision.

I think I'd stick to my original room, we are on the Epic in May, we have 9261 and we chose it because of the location near the stairs and lifts, Cagneys, fitness centre close by....your new room is a long way from lifts and stairs........but I have got to say this is just my opinion, I have never sailed on the Epic so could be completely wrong!!!

I'd stick with the room on deck 10. Both have the bed near the balcony, which is ideal. However, I think 10068 is in nearly a perfect location. You would be near the front stairs which provides very convenient access to the Garden Cafe and pool deck up on 15. We were in 14022 and loved being forward.

Whichever way you decide, have a great trip

I'd stick with the room on deck 10. Both have the bed near the balcony, which is ideal....

Hi Mike:

Many people consider that arrangement ideal, and try to book that. Actually, on some of the cruise lines, that is the standard arrangement. We prefer the sitting area near the balcony as we often sit there with the door open and the balcony is an extension of the "living room".

On a related note, many people LOVE the cabins on the very backend, often called aft. We do not as we like to see ahead a bit and not so fond of the vibration you get that far back.

In the end, to each their own.

Hi Mike:

Many people consider that arrangement ideal, and try to book that. Actually, on some of the cruise lines, that is the standard arrangement. We prefer the sitting area near the balcony as we often sit there with the door open and the balcony is an extension of the "living room".

On a related note, many people LOVE the cabins on the very backend, often called aft. We do not as we like to see ahead a bit and not so fond of the vibration you get that far back.

In the end, to each their own.

True. I guess my point was more that there's no difference in the rooms from a layout aspect.

Thanks, everyone.

Have just contacted my TA to just keep our original booking. It is hardly an up grade.

Well "technically" it is due to the mid-ship location, but due to lack of center elevators that's not necessarily a great thing on the Epic