First time cruising in February? What should we pack?

JustCruzinSC

Headed out on February 1st on the Fantasy out of Charleston!!!Curious about what other folks would suggest packing for this trip?? This is the first time hubby and I will be sailing this early in the year. We usually prefer the months of August thru December and we always leave out of Florida....so pretty warm throughout. I am pretty sure it will be a bit chilly heading out of Charleston on Saturday, they even have a chance of snow I believe Wednesday or Thursay?? I have seen crazier things when we lived there so its possible! So just wondered if anyone has taken this trip this time of year? I'm sure it will at least be 70's in the bahamas....but what kind of clothing would you guys suggest for the rest of the trip? How far down the coast will we be before the temp starts to improve I guess?? I know Florida is having some chilly weather as well?? I am almost afraid to go with our typical cruise wear, and stay cold! ANy tips appreciated!!

The Bahamas can range anywhere from low 60s to upper 80s this time of year. We typically cruise in January and I pack normal cruise clothes -shorts, t-shirts, capris, etc. but have started making sure we have at least one pair of jeans or long pants and a sweatshirt or light jacket.

Several years ago we arrived in Miami pre-cruise to an unusual cold snap of low 40s and we were FREEZING in lightweight khakis and long sleeve t-shirts we'd worn on the plane.

have started making sure we have at least one pair of jeans or long pants and a sweatshirt or light jacket.

Thats what I was thinking I would do as well. Of course we will be dressed warm on arrival and just have something in case? Thanks for your response however!! Also, you are going to love the Breeze!!! We had a blast on her in December!!

Headed out on February 1st on the Fantasy out of Charleston!!!Curious about what other folks would suggest packing for this trip?? This is the first time hubby and I will be sailing this early in the year. We usually prefer the months of August thru December and we always leave out of Florida....so pretty warm throughout. I am pretty sure it will be a bit chilly heading out of Charleston on Saturday, they even have a chance of snow I believe Wednesday or Thursay?? I have seen crazier things when we lived there so its possible! So just wondered if anyone has taken this trip this time of year? I'm sure it will at least be 70's in the bahamas....but what kind of clothing would you guys suggest for the rest of the trip? How far down the coast will we be before the temp starts to improve I guess?? I know Florida is having some chilly weather as well?? I am almost afraid to go with our typical cruise wear, and stay cold! ANy tips appreciated!!

We are doing a Feb. cruise from Baltimore. We did the same cruise in 2010, and we had cold weather for the sea days. Once we got down around the Carolinas, it started to warm up a little. Port Canaveral, FL was around 65, Nassau around 80, and Freeport was downright tropical at 90 degrees. This time, I'll go with a couple pair of jeans, a sweatshirt, year-round tops, and a few crops/capri's for during the day. Evening wear is pretty much dressy black & brown pants with dressy tops that I can usually get away with; with the exception of a couple, most of my dressy tops can be worn in any climate. As I recall back in Feb. 2010, we weren't freezing inside our cabin, or in the various venues around the ship, but just in case, I bring along a dressy shawl/wrap/jacket for evening. Have a great cruise!!!

Thats what I was thinking I would do as well. Of course we will be dressed warm on arrival and just have something in case? Thanks for your response however!! Also, you are going to love the Breeze!!! We had a blast on her in December!!

Thanks -one week to go! Ready to experience the Breeze and hoping for some warm weather after this horribly cold winter we're having! :)