Divi Beach..kids?

We will be on the 8/6 Glory. We will have our sons with us (4 and 7). We are looking for a beach for a nice beach day. The nude beaches do not bother us since our sons have spent alot of time on vacations in Mexico including Playa del Carmen where there is a lot of nudity. It is not an issue for them or us so.....

1. Can we do the Little Divi Resort Beach on our own?

2. What are your thoughts about Orient Beach?

We like to do excursions on our own when we can and not through the ship.

We want a nice beach, sand, water, chair rental, cold drinks, maybe a light snack and restrooms....

We leave soon so any information would be great!

DC

We went to Divi and thought it was great (myself, DH, kids 12 and 6). I don't know the taxi cost from the pier as we had rented a car for the day, but it was easy enough to get to on our own.

We spent I think $10 to rent 2 chairs and an umbrella. DH rented a jetski for $45 for 1/2 hour and took the kids out. They actually let him stay out longer than 1/2 hour. We got there after lunch. It was busy, but didn't seem overly crowded. A little while after we got there about 2/3 of the beach emptied out so I assumed that was the cruise ship tours leaving. Anyhow, it was a very relaxing and fun time for us. The restrooms were close by and clean, they had food and drinks available, and some shops right around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

Kathi, were the restrooms part of the resort, or? Sometimes I feel odd when cabs take us to beaches you access through resorts or hotels. It's like, I'm not sure if we're allowed to use the facilities or not.

Can you clear this up a bit? I'd really like to hit this beach as it's only a 10 min. cab from cruise pier and I read good things on it.

What color is the sand?

The sand was... sand colored:)

The restrooms: Very easy to get to, and not through any part of the resort. From the parking lot, as you are looking toward the beach, off to the left are some shops. Then the open area to access the beach (not just a path, but a large open area). Off to the right are the restrooms. They have their own main entrance into an air conditioned area, the restrooms themselves are off of that.

From where we sat on the beach it was about a 1 minute walk to get there.

Did that make sense?

Kathi, sounds good. Thanks for posting a reply.

Sand comes in many colors :D . White, pink, "brown". I'm just trying to picture it in my head. It will also help me decide which color sanded beach I visit in St. Thomas.

Archived