Freedom or Enchantment

Tif1171

I know this isn't exactly comparing apples to apples but since I have ruled out Bermuda in the Spring and May seems to have the best flight deals for me into Orlando, so...Freedom or Enchantment? Some background : my husband and I love cococay, balcony rooms, the solarium, enjoy mostly relaxing by the pool or beach with book and drink in hand and here's the thing: prefer ships with the Royal Promenade but it's not necessarily the most important thing. I'm wondering if spending $1000 more for Freedom will be worth it to us (but it is 7 days vs 4) Will we be disappointed with Enchantment? I've heard mixed reviews. Has anyone been on both?

We love both ships. We have an advantage in that we live close to Port Canaveral and do not have to include the costs of flights or hotels. I am not sure I would want to pay all of that for a three night vacation.

The first time we went on Freedom we came on exhausted. We did the Western Caribbean and had an excursion in each port. (mostly snorkeling or other water realted activities). Combine that with all there is to do on Freedom, we needed a vacation after the vacation. It was a wonderful cruise.

We love Enchantment for just relaxing. It has a really nice pool deck and Solarium. We usually just wander around Nassau and either get off in Cococay and lay in a hammock or take advantage of an almost empty ship and relax by the pool.

I am sure you will enjoy which ever ship you choose!

We just got off the Enchantment yesterday. We were skeptical too, but were pleasantly surprise.... We loved this ship. :) We had the Panoramic OV room. The most spacious room ever. Great views from the large picture window. We always book a balcony stateroom, but didn't miss it on this short cruise. 4 days was also nice. Never felt rushed. CocoCay was beautiful and very relaxing. We did a self guided walking tour in Nassau. The Solarium and Park Café were really nice. Food and service great too. Spacious pool deck with lots of open deck chairs. Not much to complain about.

Why not consider a B2B on the Enchantment? You would definitely have plenty of pool/beach time that way! I have done both the 3 night and 4 night on the Enchantment - the 4 night is the way to go if you can only do one. Not only do you get into Nassau earlier, you have a sea day.

We just got off the Enchantment. We did love the smaller ship, but missed the Royal Promenade, Promenade Cafe' and Sorrento's. Also, the Enchantment beds are not as comfortable and I could not get a larger suitcase under the bed. Deck 2 and 3 have a smell in parts of the halls.