Greenock cruise terminal

Suds70

How far a walk to the greenock train station? We were thinking of going to millport on cumbre island.

What town would we have to go to to take the ferry over. The closest one.

Has anyone been there?

Hi Suds, if you want to go to Millport you will have to go to Largs which is approx 30-40 minute bus trip from Greenock, I think it would be rather expensive to take a taxi.There is no direct train from Greenock to Largs without having to change trains at Paisley Gilmour Street (a rather convulsed route for someone not local). Please be aware that the ferry across to Millport can be cancelled at short notice if there are high winds and you would not like to be stranded, even in the British a summer the firth Of Clyde can be subject to winds. You do not say on your post when you are calling at Greenock, the railway station is approx 20 minute walk from the cruise terminal and there are about 3 trains an hour into Glasgow which takes about 30 minutes it is not a journey I do so my timings may not be exact. Greenock itself has a long industrial history with shipbuilding,sugar refining and during WW 2 was a major port in the Battle of the Atlantic although not as well known as Liverpool. I do hope you enjoy your visit I have no doubt you will be made to feel most welcome.