Talk to me about margs

MissBreezy

Hello fellow Margarita fan! I have one every night at cocktail hour onboard...but I am a purist--tequila (the pure agave kind, not blended), triple sec and lime juice, with salt! (of course!), shaken with ice and poured into glass..2 ice cubes to keep it cold. I don't do blended because that's where they insert sour mix (ooh!). I order it at the martini bar--I have the Premium alcohol package so it was included, and, after the first night, the bartenders knew me and how I liked it made so I never had to explain again!

46 days until the next one!

Ellen

Enjoy

I'm with you, I generally do not enjoy sour mix. I am going to give this a try, it sounds divine!

Greetings

I always get the bartenders to make them the way I like and they have always been happy to oblige.

1 shot Roses Lime

1 shot Patron

1/2 shot Gran Marnier

1/2 shot Cointreau

lime wedges

The only trouble is they taste too good.

Good Sailing

Tom

Here is my simple home margarita recipe.

1 beer usually bud light

1 can frozen limeade

Tequila

Ice and blend

Easy and delicious.

I am eight weeks from drinking whatever grand/Cadillac margarita they have...among others.

Here is my simple home margarita recipe.

1 beer usually bud light

1 can frozen limeade

Tequila

Ice and blend

Easy and delicious.

I am eight weeks from drinking whatever grand/Cadillac margarita they have...among others.

We call this "Beergarita" and make it by the pitcher. 3 beers, I can frozen limeade, 1 cup (or so - I like to fill the limeade can) tequila. Stir in a pitcher with ice. And before anyone says blech or meh, please try it - even beer haters tend to enjoy it.

I am a bit of a Margarita snob, similar to wine snobs :) I can say most cruise lines main bars use Island Oasis as their base for most frozen drinks. It is mostly sugar and mainstream, not to tart or flavorful. I think the Molecular Bar is a great option and have read a lot about it. We are on the Equinox and it does not appear they have one. Does anyone know for sure.

For what it is worth, we were on the Royal Princess in October and they have a new Margarita Bar in the back of the ship, which was very good.

To add to the other posts here, my margarita is fresh squeezed lime juice, Agave Nectar Don Julio Reposado, Cointreau and a little cilantro.

I think the Molecular Bar is a great option and have read a lot about it. We are on the Equinox and it does not appear they have one. Does anyone know for sure.

Yes, Equinox does have a molecular bar - it's called "Galleria Tastings" on the deck plan.

It's on deck 5 (between Bistro on 5 and the Photo Gallery).

Don't know about the cruise but I can't understand you not getting a good margarita in Canada. I've had them in Halifax, Moncton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto.

Ask a few friends or co-workers. I'm sure they can direct you to a place that makes em just the way you like.

I was telling myself the same thing! But we can be surprised every day!!!!