Anyone with GTY cabin get a cabin # recently?

js4rq

Hi, just curious if anyone with a GTY cabin booked has been allocated a cabin number recently, like in the past few days?? :cool:

We are in a guaranteed balcony cabin and are itching to know our cabin number....although I know we may not be allocated a cabin until the day of our sailing! :)

18 days 18 days 18 days....can hardly wait! :D

We leave the of March and booked a gty balcony about 2 weeks ago. I checked the reservation yesterday and a cabin has been assigned already. Maybe it was the luck of the draw, but we got assigned a cabin really fast. They gave us a bc on deck 9.

Howard

Thanks for that! ;)

We are excited about our cruise.. we are grateful to have paid a small fee for a balcony upgrade, seeing as our cruise is now sold out and has been for a few weeks.

Patience is a virtue! :cool:

Stupid question, but have you logged into your MyNCL and checked there? Have you completed your online check-in.

When we booked a Gty, I never received an email or call from my PCC (he happened to be on vacation). I just logged in and there it was.

I log into MyNCL daily to see if we have been assigned a cabin # yet.

Online check in was completed ages ago.

Because we had a GTY cabin category, the eDocs were not available until 30 days prior to sailing.

Jagggg no worries I will keep everyone informed! :cool:

When we did the GTY on the Epic, for a balcony, we didn't get ours assigned until 2 weeks before our cruise. Our PCC said sometimes the earlier you book the later your cabin assignment because they want to assign you the best possible cabin. Who knows if that's correct, but we were very pleased with our cabin.

Good luck, hope you all get a great cabin assigned soon,

Let's say we don't get our cabin assignment until we get to port. How will the porters know what cabin to take our luggage to?

It's no problem, the porters will simply put a tag on your luggage with GTY 0 on it and it will be delivered to your cabin. You will go to check in and they will have all your information, I do recommend that you have all of your documents with you including any amenity list you may have received. Your ticket is the most important piece of your edocs.

Booked last November for an April Jewel cruise. Made final payment first week of this month.....more than 100 days out. Assigned room on Deck 8 showed up on payment receipt with the dreaded "Enclosed Balcony" in red.

Not sure there is any truth to getting a better cabin assignment the earlier you book.

Looking back, I'm not even sure why I was booked into the GTY category...is that option only available when the cabin class is sold out? I do not recall that class as sold out when viewing the pricing prior to booking.

It's no problem, the porters will simply put a tag on your luggage with GTY 0 on it and it will be delivered to your cabin. You will go to check in and they will have all your information, I do recommend that you have all of your documents with you including any amenity list you may have received. Your ticket is the most important piece of your edocs.

Thank you! We have checked in already and have our edocs ready to go!

My cruise agent spoke to a NCL representative yesterday. Because our cruise is sold out, it looks as if may not get a cabin assignment until day of boarding.

Will keep checking My NCL though. :D

Edited by js4rq

After a long day of shopping and mani/pedis to get ready for our cruise, I came home and logged in to my NCL and surprise! We got our cabin assignment! Six more days and I can hardly wait!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We booked our cruise around 50 days before the sailing, and approx 10 days later our room assignment showed up on our booking online (although we have had no formal notification from our TA or NCL). We booked a BX and were assigned a BB. Surprised to find it is a HC room. Continuing to monitor our booking daily as assume we could be moved again if a HC traveller needs this cabin.