Arcade on Breakaway/Getaway

DrNora

How big is the arcade on BA/ GA?

How about the pricing?

We read in one review that the games were 2 dollars to 5 dollars.

And---- what types of machines do they have? Are they a direct charge to our stateroom key ? On Rci we had to put the key in a machine and add a certain dollar amount

We got spoiled on Freedom of the Seas last summer-big arcade-after being used to the tiny ones on the Jewel class and smaller RCCl ships.

Thank you for any replies

Thomas Garth and Lisa

My husband and I spent some time in the arcade on the Breakaway. I don't remember the cost of the games, but my husband thinks they start at around $1.50. There was a nice variety of games--FPS, Guitar Hero, racing games etc. I think there were even a couple of claw machines. A fun thing they had was a sort of ride simulator where you sit back in a reclined chair and go for a "ride" on a roller coaster. The seat rumbles and it blows wind in your face. Expensive, but fun. :) You swipe your room key to play the games.

Have a great time!

Jen

Previous poster is correct, but I wanted to add that this is one of those times that being able to turn-off the ability to do room charges on your children's key cards was helpful (you swipe your key card to play). Without that, I think I would have had a big surprise when I got the bill :)

Edited by grobma

Unlike RCI you can't load a certain amount onto the children's cards. You either let them have charging privileges or not unfortunately. The arcade on the Epic we found to be smaller than Freedom of the Seas but also wasn't as crowded.

Unlike RCI you can't load a certain amount onto the children's cards. You either let them have charging privileges or not unfortunately. The arcade on the Epic we found to be smaller than Freedom of the Seas but also wasn't as crowded.

thank you1

Previous poster is correct, but I wanted to add that this is one of those times that being able to turn-off the ability to do room charges on your children's key cards was helpful (you swipe your key card to play). Without that, I think I would have had a big surprise when I got the bill :)

I would highly suggest not allowing charges on children's key cards. When we did our Panama Canal Cruise (16 days) last year there was a family with some pre-teen boys (they were the only non-infant kids we really ever saw so that family stuck out). I went down in the AM of the last day to go to settle up my bill and the dad was there asking how his sons racked up $300 in the arcade. The gentleman at the desk just kept saying they had charging capabilities on their card and they must have been in the arcarde unsupervised. I couldn't help but chuckle all the way back to my room.

So learn from that guy's mistake - granted for 16 days, $300 between two 11/12 year old boys in an arcade unsupervised; much more damage could have been done.