Question About CCL Stock

JustCruiseMe

another think to let you know. we have ccl and receive 4 $25 dividend checks a year. not bad. plus you get the $100 on board credit for 7 day sailings. before long the stock is paid for and you are making a profit.

If we have a joint stock account can either of us receive the stock holder's benefits? Because if DH puts it in just his name and I want to take a girl's cruise I couldn't get the perks but if we put it in both names then will CCL honor that?

If both names show on the proof document that you submit for onboard credit, then either of you should be able to claim the benefit.

Have a great girlfriend's cruise cuz I can see that is where this is heading. Lol.

If we have a joint stock account can either of us receive the stock holder's benefits? Because if DH puts it in just his name and I want to take a girl's cruise I couldn't get the perks but if we put it in both names then will CCL honor that?

Yes.

Our Carnival stocks are owned jointly. When I took my mom on two cruises, I got the OBC for each one. Even if you share a cabin with your girlfriends, you alone will get the OBC.

Enjoy.

Edited by stargate fan

Hehehe thank you all for the info and yes girlfriend's cruise is in the planning, along with my sister! I figured since DH and I are going on a cruise in about 3 weeks might as well do it now and get the obc right off!

Enjoy your cruises! You deserve them. :-) Have a boat drink for me.

Where can I purchase Carnival Stock?:)

I set up an acct with TDAmeritrade. One low price to buy or sell stocks and no maintenance fees. I keep 100 shares of CCL, but buy & sell extra shares. I recently sold my extra 180 shares for a $1200 profit which I will use to buy more shares in the future. Plus, I got $70 dividend for the shares! This is just my "play money" but gives me a hobby!!

I set up an account with Scott trades. $7 per trade. I HOPE that was a good decision is there any reason that TDAmeritrade is better? Scott doesn't charge maintenance fees either.

As far as I know, they are pretty comparable. I looked at Scott Trade also, but can't really remember exactly why I picked TDAmeritrade over them as it was 5 or 6 yrs. ago. I believe I pay $9.99 a trade. It is still better than when I was advised to go through a broker at a local bank and his charge PER SHARE was $l.00 to buy and sell. Never again!

When they give me the OBC where does it show up? In my manage my cruise details or?

Thanks sorry this is the first time.

OBTW I had to resend because the jpg I sent had my name but didn't have the dates on the stock, so still waiting to hear.

When they give me the OBC where does it show up? In my manage my cruise details or?

Thanks sorry this is the first time.

OBTW I had to resend because the jpg I sent had my name but didn't have the dates on the stock, so still waiting to hear.

Usually the second page of your cruise documents. It will be listed as a credit and is $100 for a 7 night cruise. I always print the summary and take it with me just in case there is a glitch. So far, it has always been there!

Where can I purchase Carnival Stock?:)

A discount broker like TD Ameritrade would be best...

BUT

If you are asking this question, you are a neophyte. Before buying any stock do some research... talk to family and friends... get some basic information on investing. Make sure that you can afford to invest and that you won't need the money in a month or two. After doing that, you will be ready to begin a fun journey.

Happy investing!

A discount broker like TD Ameritrade would be best...

BUT

If you are asking this question, you are a neophyte. Before buying any stock do some research... talk to family and friends... get some basic information on investing. Make sure that you can afford to invest and that you won't need the money in a month or two. After doing that, you will be ready to begin a fun journey.

Happy investing!

Agree with this. DW and I own stock in both CCL and RCI. However it is an investment for us, along with some other stocks. I would not buy 100 shares just to get $100 OBC each time I cruised.

Agree with this. DW and I own stock in both CCL and RCI. However it is an investment for us, along with some other stocks. I would not buy 100 shares just to get $100 OBC each time I cruised.

If that money is just sitting around no reason not to buy if you (we) plan to sail 2 or 3 times a year. Much more return on our $ than 1.2% interest in savings account. CCL is paying dividend of .25 4 x year. So not bad. I agree research is important.

If that money is just sitting around no reason not to buy if you (we) plan to sail 2 or 3 times a year. Much more return on our $ than 1.2% interest in savings account. CCL is paying dividend of .25 4 x year. So not bad. I agree research is important.

What? You got 1.2% interest in your savings account? I only earn 0.15% from my local bank.:mad:

Didn't say it wasn't a good investment, just would not buy 100 shares just to get $100 OBC. Besides, all of our cruises will not be on CCL. Too many other lines and ships out there to limit ourselves to just 1 line.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

Didn't say it wasn't a good investment, just would not buy 100 shares just to get $100 OBC. Besides, all of our cruises will not be on CCL. Too many other lines and ships out there to limit ourselves to just 1 line.

Who said we were limiting? But since CCL from what i know seems to be online one of a few stocks that have decent shareholder benefits, why not? Even Disney doesn't do anything for their shareholders and all Starbucks does is send a free drink coupon in their annual report...I'd say even using it a little bit is worth it. Heck it's up 200.00 in just this last week so if I sold it I'd have made 200.00 profit and 100.00 OBC. Not too shabby for doing nothing. Besides that they send .25 dividend 4 times year..so you get another hundred dollars. Can't find any bank that pays that much even for CDS. So I'd say it is a good investment if all you are buying it for is the 100.00 obc bc where else are you going to get that much in that short a time? Different strokes for different folks...we are frugal, we have the money so why not use it to save some...makes perfect sense to me.

We plan on booking another cruise while we are on this cruise so we should get some OBC there also. Win win, save save...lol