Pride or Fantasy...Can't decide!

mommaC82

Hi! My family of 5 (myself, DH, DS 12, DD 8, DS 6) is currently looking to book a cruise for this summer, and we can't decide between booking the Pride out of Baltimore or the Fantasy out of Charleston. We're looking at booking 2 inside cabins. Both itineraries are basically the same - Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport (Pride) or Nassau (Fantasy).

We live in PA, so the Pride is obviously closer. But, my husband and I sailed on her 3 years ago and weren't that impressed. I felt like I could never get my baring's on the ship - something that has never happened to me before. But, she is obviously bigger than the Fantasy, and has 2 pools and a water slide for the kids.

While the Fantasy is smaller, and only offers 1 pool, she has the WaterWorks. Also, Charleston isn't that bad of a drive (approx. 10 hours), and we have done it several times (we LOVE Charleston). She is also the less expensive option (by several hundred dollars).

I just can't decide!!! Any thoughts/advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

Ashley

We just returned Sunday from our fourth sailing on the Pride and we always found her to be one of the easiest ships to navigate. But then again, we've never been on the Fantasy.

If it's just a matter of size, since both ships have the same itineraries, I would go with the one I feel the most comfortable with or the one with the better price:)

I would love to take the kids to Atlantis - something we can obviously do on the Fantasy's itinerary. I really wish the Fantasy was doing a 7 day in June! Our other hesitation is that we are supposed to be going to a local beach on Aug 2. I hate to take off 2 weeks of work so close together. Taking a week in mid-June and another week at the beginning of August seems so much better than taking a week mid-July and then another week the beginning of Aug (though my boss is flexible and would let me do it).

Decisions, decisions. Anybody have any information on the kids programs for each ship? We would have kids in Camp Carnival 6-8 year old group, as well as Circle C.

Thanks!

Ashley

Will the cost of driving further (to/from Charleston) outweigh the savings on that cruise? That's one thing to consider. I have not been on the Fantasy but have been on the Pride 3x and am going for #4 in August, so I can't compare the two... I have been to both Nassau and Freeport - Nassau has more you can do within walking distance, whereas in Freeport you need to take an excursion or shuttle or cab to anything, but I've had good experiences in both ports. Enjoy!