Montego Bay Liberty or Barett tours???

dramaqueenjan

We are looking to do the secret Falls/Tubing I have it narrowed it down to Carolynn Barett Adventures or Liberty Tours . Does anybody have experience with either of these all input is appreciated . Thank you

We did Liberty Tours with Ricardo in December. He was awesome! I organized of group of over 20 people and he was very accommodating. I would definitely book them again.

did u do secret falls or tubing ? Im sure we want the falls but unsure of tubing

We did Secret Falls, Scotches (Oh, my was that GOOD!) and a quick stop to shop. With this MN cold weather we've been having, my teenage boys are dreaming of going back, LOL! Jumping off the Falls at Secret Falls was the highlight of our trip (and we did the cruise, Disney, and a few days at the beach while we were in Florida!)

We did Secret Falls, Scotches (Oh, my was that GOOD!) and a quick stop to shop. With this MN cold weather we've been having, my teenage boys are dreaming of going back, LOL! Jumping off the Falls at Secret Falls was the highlight of our trip (and we did the cruise, Disney, and a few days at the beach while we were in Florida!)

I have decided on Liberty but unsure if we are tubing yet I think we will .We are also doing Scotchies ..was lunch included or in addition to tour price ?

We did the river tubing with Liberty and lunch at Scotches. Loved Michelle our tour guide, Ricardo had another tour with him and he stopped by to say hi. You cannot go wrong with Liberty Tours in Jamaica. Roberto called to confirm what we wanted to do, then the day of the tour Ricardo called to let us know Michelle would be taking us out and Michelle was waiting at the pier entrance with our name on a sign. All very efficient and it was a great time. Loved the river tubing. I want to go back!

Thank you for all of your replies we have decided to go with liberty and are booked hurray ,.We are doing secret falls/tubing/shopping/Scotchies looks like a full day of fun ..price is good too.

Dramaqueenjan, that sounds exactly what we want. If you don't mind expanding, what are they charging and how many in your group? Thanks.

Dramaqueenjan, that sounds exactly what we want. If you don't mind expanding, what are they charging and how many in your group? Thanks.

We are doing Secret fall / Blue Hole / tubing down the river / sampling fresh fruit a fruit market they are taking us shopping and finally we will have lunch and beer at scotchies which is included.they are also taking us to the area where Christopher Columbus landed 97 pp for a group of 6 adults ..PRIVATE TOUR our group only and includes lunch included in price .

Thank you for all of your replies we have decided to go with liberty and are booked hurray ,.We are doing secret falls/tubing/shopping/Scotchies looks like a full day of fun ..price is good too.

We also used Liberty Tours Jamaica over the summer and LOVED every aspect of the tour. Secret Falls was the highlight, we had SO much fun there. It was so beautiful there we didn't want to leave. Scotchies was awesome too. The best jerk chicken ever!

Here is a video of Secret Falls and what Liberty Tours offers.

Edited by rosebud1g
addition of video

Can you share the price per person? How many people do you have going? What day are you traveling? I'm looking to do this trip but would like to get a sense of price point/number in group. I don't necessarily want to do a private tour and there's just two of us at the moment.

Can you share the price per person? How many people do you have going? What day are you traveling? I'm looking to do this trip but would like to get a sense of price point/number in group. I don't necessarily want to do a private tour and there's just two of us at the moment.

If there's anyone out there who will be traveling to Jamaica on 2/13/14 and looking for an excursion, let me know as perhaps we can coordinate a group. Liberty Tours is available!

I posted all info and price above in thread:)

If there's anyone out there who will be traveling to Jamaica on 2/13/14 and looking for an excursion, let me know as perhaps we can coordinate a group. Liberty Tours is available!

Just a suggestion of what we did when we went to Secret Falls with Liberty Tours Jamaica- join in on your roll call thread on cruise critic and ask your fellow cruisers on that thread who would like to join you. Feel free to copy and paste the YouTube video I posted above to show them what the falls look like and what to expect on your tour. We had a group of 8 from our roll call. But Ricardo can handle more and this will bring your cost down. Worked for us!!

Just a suggestion of what we did when we went to Secret Falls with Liberty Tours Jamaica- join in on your roll call thread on cruise critic and ask your fellow cruisers on that thread who would like to join you. Feel free to copy and paste the YouTube video I posted above to show them what the falls look like and what to expect on your tour. We had a group of 8 from our roll call. But Ricardo can handle more and this will bring your cost down. Worked for us!!

I did post (actually twice!) but no takers. I even went to another ship's roll call that I found out will be docked that same day in hopes of getting their interest. No luck. I emailed Ricardo to see if Liberty would still be at the cruise port on our Falmouth day trying to pick up passengers. Haven't heard back yet but I hope they do because I'm sure there would be people procrastinating (like me!) who'd be interested.

I did see your YouTube video and that's what got me hooked. It looks like a lot of fun (despite the long ride to get there)!

I did post (actually twice!) but no takers. I even went to another ship's roll call that I found out will be docked that same day in hopes of getting their interest. No luck. I emailed Ricardo to see if Liberty would still be at the cruise port on our Falmouth day trying to pick up passengers. Haven't heard back yet but I hope they do because I'm sure there would be people procrastinating (like me!) who'd be interested.

I did see your YouTube video and that's what got me hooked. It looks like a lot of fun (despite the long ride to get there)!

When are you going? Next week? Ppl probably already made their plans.

I doubt Ricardo will be there unless he has ppl scheduled. When he picked us up, he had documentation he filled out allowing him inside the port to pick us up.

When are you going? Next week? Ppl probably already made their plans.

I doubt Ricardo will be there unless he has ppl scheduled. When he picked us up, he had documentation he filled out allowing him inside the port to pick us up.

Yeah, for Thursday. I definitely got a late start this year on my excursions! You are correct about Ricardo -- he wouldn't be there unless he had a trip booked. Bummer...

• 2 months later...
We are looking to do the secret Falls/Tubing I have it narrowed it down to Carolynn Barett Adventures or Liberty Tours . Does anybody have experience with either of these all input is appreciated . Thank you

My wife and I used Barett Adventures to go to Secret Falls in Jamaica. They did an outstanding job! They were very professional and very knowledgeable. They took incredible care of us. The falls are beautiful. We cruised the

Allure of the Sea in April 20-27, 2014. When we go back to Jamaica, we will use them again. Locksley was our guide. He has worked over thirty years giving tours. He was great.

:)Tom Weller