Shipping box to the ship?????

Has anyone ever shipped items to the ship ahead of time??? Is it allowed? I would like to send some food items and alcohol (if allowed) to meet us in our stateroom when we embark.

Has anyone ever done this? What is allowed, or not allowed to be shipped????

TIA

Guest OBAYbee

More then terrorists, I would not know where on earth they would store such deliveries before your cruise is to take place.

I would hope it wouldn't be allowed. Seems it would be great for terrorists that don't want to carry a bomb onboard. Shipping food to a cruise?

I would certainly hope that any box or container, whether carried on by the passenger or not would be x-rayed to check for dangerous items. As far as shipping food, I'm talking about healthy snacks. Things to eat between meals or that you could carry in your purse, say at a port of call, if you get hungry. I try very hard to eat healthy, because of a health concern, and do a good job at it but I don't deprive myself the wonderful food that a cruise offers. I'm just talking between meals. As far as the alcohol, if it is permitted(not sure that it is), I would like to have some of my husband and my favorite "beverage" to be waiting for us if possible. We will be celebrating our anniversary on board!!!

OBAYbee

I don't know where they would store it either, that's part of why I asked this question in the first place. You don't know until you ask.

sharod. Call and ask your travel agent. They usually know these things and limitations and procedures. The baggage is stacked upto 15 high in bins that are loaded with fork lifts onto the ship. If you find it is possible make sure it's a really strong box/package. Good luck.

According to the cruiseline's catalogue and welcome aboard booklet, it's not allowed to bring alcohol onboard. They may overlook a bottle of wine.

I don't know for sure, but would think for security reasons the answer would be "NO". You would probably be able to bring wine on board. I always bring 2 bottles for our stateroom and never had a problem. Hard liquor and beer,I know for a fact is not allowed. If it were me. I would call Royal Caribbean and ask them. This way, you will know for sure their policy.

Archived