Trunk Bay with kids

clonegirl

I also posted this over on the St. Thomas/St. John board but looking for some feedback from other parents. My husband and I are contemplating taking a "Self Explore St John" excursion through RCCL with our 4 young kids (9, 8, 5 and 9 months). It provides a ferry transport from the ship to St. John and back. Total excursion length is 6.5 hours.

Have of any of you taken kids to Trunk Bay? My initial thoughts are to go ahead and book this excursion but wanted to see if anyone had any experience they could share. Our kids are used to traveling and good with "going with the flow" while on vacation as long as they don't get hungry. The baby is used to be dragged around constantly due to the older siblings extremely busy schedules so I think he'll be fine napping in the stroller or on the beach.

Anyway, let me know if you've ever attempted St. Johns with kids and how it went. Thanks!

We didn't do a ship excursion (we did it on our own) but we did what you are suggesting with a then 6 month old and it went great. We took turns snorkling while one person watched the baby. St. John's is really relaxing. We ate when we got off the ferry at a covered outdoor restaurant which was really good and my group of eight or nine people had a great time.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

We also did not do it as a ship excursion, but spent a week on St. John with our kids (then only two of them, then ages 3 and 1). We shared a house with friends who had kids of the same age. Trunk Bay was a great place to go with the kids; like a PP did, we adults took turns watching/playing in the shallows with the kids while the other one(s) snorkeled. Your older two, depending on their swimming/snorkeling skills, may enjoy snorkeling the underwater trail at Trunk Bay themselves, as long as they have an adult nearby. It's a beautiful spot!

Since you have 6.5 hours for the excursion it sounds worth it. I'm trying to do the same (except going to cinnamon bay on St. John) and NCL only gives us a 4 hour excursion so it leaves very little time on the island. We did this trip ourselves sans baby a few years ago and we're going to do it again now with a 2 year old but it's worth it! I wish the ship excursion was longer because it would definitely make life easier!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app