Transportation fron Southern NE to Balck Falcon Cruise Port

glm7777

I'm coming from Fall River, MA and cruising on the Dawn from Boston to Bermuda. Anyone near my neck of the woods use a van/car service to get them to the port? I've gotten a few quotes but they have all been well over $300 - hoping not to have to pay that much. Any suggestions anyone?

I'm coming from Fall River, MA and cruising on the Dawn from Boston to Bermuda. Anyone near my neck of the woods use a van/car service to get them to the port? I've gotten a few quotes but they have all been well over $300 - hoping not to have to pay that much. Any suggestions anyone?

We're in Norther RI so we're actually closer than you to Boston and the quote you got sounds right....

Honestly if I were you, I'd look at getting a ride to the commuter rail (not sure if there is weekly parking at those garages or not) and just taking the train and then a taxi. Also in the summer you won't have to worry about snow so a Bus would be much cheaper (they run out of providence and parking for the week wouldn't cost $300).

I'm sure you could also just drive up to Boston and find some long term parking up there - but then you'd have to do the drive.

Ok fair warning, this would involve luggage toting but hey it would be relatively inexpensive. If you could get a ride or bus to Attleboro, So. Attleboro, or Providence (RI) you could take the commuter rail into South Station. From South Station you can take the Silver Line directly to the terminal. I believe the bus you would need is SL 2 and you get off at the "Black Falcon Ave. / Design Center Place" stop, which I'm pretty sure puts you right in front of the cruise terminal. I know it's not ideal but just wanted to put that idea out there. I think any private van transport is going to be pricey that's a pretty good distance. Good luck!

You could always take the Peter Pan bus from Fall River, to South Station in Boston. Then all you need to do is hop on the Silver Line and it drops you off at the pier.

There are also plenty of cabs at South Station if you have too much luggage to easily manage. It's a quick ride to the pier from there.

Edited by jimsig

We live about 50 miles west of Boston. We did the Boston to Bermuda cruise in Oct 2013. We drove in and parked at the garage right there at the terminal. Very reasonable- $16/day. if you have a lot of luggage driver and drop everyone and their luggage off and then park the car. It was cash or debit or credit card. We just ran our debit card as we excited the garage. If you pay cash you need to go into the office.

We live about 50 miles west of Boston. We did the Boston to Bermuda cruise in Oct 2013. We drove in and parked at the garage right there at the terminal. Very reasonable- $16/day. if you have a lot of luggage driver and drop everyone and their luggage off and then park the car. It was cash or debit or credit card. We just ran our debit card as we excited the garage. If you pay cash you need to go into the office.

We live on Long Island and we drove, dropped off the luggage, DH parked the car - $16 per night, did EZ walk off, out before the crowds and on our way. So much cheaper than NY which parking is $35 per day.:eek:

Website for the Black Falcon Cruise Port

http://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/parking-amp-passenger-drop-off/

What week are you going? We are from the New Bedford area and have used a van (about 200.00) for up to six people.

We are sailing out 5/23. I would drive but I hate driving someplace that I don't know well. What van service did you use? $200 is a lot better than $350!