Bringing case of water onboard the Ruby

Donyb

Has anyone tried to bring a case of water onboard in Ft. Lauderdale? I've seen others put a luggage tag on it and send it with their checked luggage. Someone on our roll call has posted that Princess will not deliver it to the cabin. Can anyone clarify with their recent experience?

Has anyone tried to bring a case of water onboard in Ft. Lauderdale? I've seen others put a luggage tag on it and send it with their checked luggage. Someone on our roll call has posted that Princess will not deliver it to the cabin. Can anyone clarify with their recent experience?

While my experience is with a different port (Los Angeles) we had no problems slapping a luggage tag on a case and having it show up in our room.

Hope the same happens for you in FLL.

We were just on the Ruby earlier this month. We taped a luggage tag to a 32 pack of bottled water and used extra packing tape around it to make it more secure so as not to tear. We put 3 six-packs of bottled diet pepsi and one 12-can pack of seltzer water in a duffle bag style suitcase with a luggage tag. Everything was delivered to our cabin, although the water did arrive about 30 minutes later than the suitcases.

I too put a luggage tag on a case of bottle water....had encased the tag in packing tape and had double sided tape on the back that I just peeled off and slapped it on.

A good idea to reinforce the sides with additional packing tape as mentioned above......I didn't do that and there were a couple of bottles missing. I'm fine with that.....probably some crew member slogging heavy suitcases around needed a drink.

We put a luggage tag on our case of water at (Seattle) and it made its way to the room!

Another option.....

We looked at buying a case of water, but didn't want to lug it around. We ended up spending about $12 on a Brita water jug (with filter) at the Walgreen near the port.... fit perfectly in the cabin mini-fridge, and we had unlimited filtered water for the week.

Peg