Carnival Victory - trip review with pictures

CruisinCrow

Thank you for the review and excellent photos! We'll be sailing the Victory in April with a group of 50-60 of our friends/family (we are getting married in Cozumel). I'm glad to see so many people like this ship. We have a lot of new cruisers with us and I hope they all enjoy it!

Thanks for the review! My last cruise was on Victory, although we did the "other" itinerary (Nassau, HMC, Grand Turk). Always great to read a good review.

I agree about the ship...didn't seem as dark as a lot of photos make it seem. Our wait service was similar to yours, and I hate that the MDR servers are so thin on the ground and overworked!

Thank you for the review and excellent photos! We'll be sailing the Victory in April with a group of 50-60 of our friends/family (we are getting married in Cozumel). I'm glad to see so many people like this ship. We have a lot of new cruisers with us and I hope they all enjoy it!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I think Victory would be a nice ship for new cruisers - not too big or too small.

Those towel creatures must be something new to Carnival. I have only seen them in the rooms not on the chairs outside. Cute idea.

I saw them for the first time on Paradise last summer. I was out on deck to watch the sunrise and all of a sudden there were a bunch of room stewards folding towels. So cute.

This time I saw them on the way to breakfast. And would you believe, people had already taken some of the animals apart and used them to reserve chairs? Rude! :rolleyes:

Our wait service was similar to yours, and I hate that the MDR servers are so thin on the ground and overworked!

I hated that too. Very unfair to both the waiters and the passengers. I hope Carnival will reverse course and get more dining staff.

Excellent review of the Victory. Thank you for the nice pictures and little tid-bits of information about the ship.

Also, I love that you mentioned the hot sauce shop in Key West. I too, would have brought back a bag full. The Shipwreak museum is also on my to-do list, so valuable info there as well.

Reviews like this makes me want to book a quick 4-day. :)

Excellent review of the Victory. Thank you for the nice pictures and little tid-bits of information about the ship.

Also, I love that you mentioned the hot sauce shop in Key West. I too, would have brought back a bag full. The Shipwreak museum is also on my to-do list, so valuable info there as well.

Reviews like this makes me want to book a quick 4-day. :)

You should! We love the short cruises. Not too big a commitment. :)

We go to Peppers every time we're in Key West. We could sit there for hours trying different sauces. Stop at a nearby bar and pick up something to drink while you're tasting. The nice thing about Key West is that you can walk around with a drink.

We wanted to try to Mel Fisher Museum too but there just wasn't enough time. Wish we could have stayed in Key West longer!

If we did a quick cruise out of Miami, I would need to decide if it would be worth driving over the morning of, from the St. Pete area, or driving over the evening prior and booking a cruise & park hotel. It would be apx a 5 hr or so drive down I-75 and across Alligator Alley such as you mentioned in your review. Did you park right at the Port or at another parking site? Could you share which lot and if you would recommend it?

Also, can you verify if the cabins on the Victory have refrigerators in them like some of the other ships do ?

We would probably book a balcony if that makes any difference if wheather they are available or not......

Thank you.

I saved your review to show to my boys as we are moving to the St.Pete area in a few months and I love the itinerary for this cruise. Thanks again for posting this great review.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Our ocean view cabin did not have a refrigerator. I'm not sure about the balcony cabins.

We drove over the morning of the cruise, left at 7 and got to the port right at noon. We're in North Pinellas so the drive should be a little shorter for you. We just parked at the port. It costs $20 a day so it's pricey but convenient. We've done Park N Cruise in Port Canaveral a couple of times but we haven't tried it in Miami.

You could also try Paradise out of Tampa. We did Paradise last summer but I liked Victory better, particularly for the itinerary. It was nice having two port days instead of just one.

Our ocean view cabin did not have a refrigerator. I'm not sure about the balcony cabins.

We drove over the morning of the cruise, left at 7 and got to the port right at noon. We're in North Pinellas so the drive should be a little shorter for you. We just parked at the port. It costs $20 a day so it's pricey but convenient. We've done Park N Cruise in Port Canaveral a couple of times but we haven't tried it in Miami.

You could also try Paradise out of Tampa. We did Paradise last summer but I liked Victory better, particularly for the itinerary. It was nice having two port days instead of just one.

Thanks for the info. Having the car right at the port does sound convenient.

Also, for a 4 day, the use of a refrigerator is not a big deal. A small 6pk size cooler will work out just fine to chill a few sodas.

Again, TX.

Thanks for the review! I'll be on the same itinerary at the end of the month. Do you happen to have photos of the Fun Times?

I do have them but I need to scan them. I don't know how to post pdf files but I could email them to you after I get them scanned.

We have done this excursion in the past with 4 in our group. Holy cow this was the most fun excursion in any port we have done! We almost did it again at the last minute, but it was finally warm outside that day so I didn't want to be inside the cooking room.