What age did you book your kids in their own cabin?

krispykreme97

My 3 are 11 to 17 and they are in their own cabin, but it adjoins ours. Best of both worlds. We can leave the door open and have one big cabin with 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms and 2 t.v.'s or we can shut and lock the door. I would not want them in their own completely separate cabin because I would worry too much.

I'm single for now but if I wasn't I would probably want my kids in a separate cabin! Just wondering what age you put your kids out of your cabin lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I went on my frist cruise when I was 6 years old and am almost 29 now. My parents always put my brothers and I in our own cabins since my frist cruise. My oldest brother would have been 12 and my middle brother would have been 10. Our cabins were always either right next door or directly across the hall from my parents. This was back in 1991, things have changed quite a bit since then lol.

Mine were 9 and 12 and had the cabin next door with adjoining balcony that was opened. We have done inside cabins for them and balcony cabins for us since then with their room being directly across from ours.

We have set many rules and it has worked out great. They love having their own cabin and know if the rules are broken they won't get their own again.

Cruising since i was 7, and I'm 18 now. We always booked just one room because it was cheaper, not because they were uncomfortable My first cruise without a parent in my room was at 17, shared a room with my sister (20), and that was because we were cruising with my dads girlfriend and her three sons, so we simply needed more rooms. We were down the hall from them. Then, at 17, my now-husband and I shared a room while my mom and sister were in a next door balcony room and we opened the partition so we could have a bigger balcony. Then I went on a cruise without my parents at 17 with some friends I graduated from high school with. Our "chaperone" was a few doors down from us. Then I went on a cruise with just me and my husband last month at 18 for our honeymoon. No chaperones :) it honestly depends on the maturity of your children. Seeing as I'm 18 and married, my parents obviously have a lot of trust in my maturity lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Never did - that's why some staterooms sleep 4

Completely agree!!! :D

I'd rather spend that money (that one would spend on two rooms) to have one nice room on Lido and spend that extra money elsewhere....if I had the extra money anyway. Way too pricey for us and we live in an upscale part of town for the most part. It's too much for us to get two rooms. I don't see how so many others can do it. :confused: But if we did have it, I think I'd enjoy using that extra in other areas instead of more space to get ready for dinner and sleep.

Edited by t1adams

Our 1st cruise was when our kids were 13 and 15 and we gave them their own room and did on the next cruise also, always right next door to us. Once they graduated High School they had to pay their own way if they wanted to go, they've only been on those 2 cruises, haha.

Now this year we get to start taking our grandkids, they are 6 and 8 and will be in our cabin, just too young for their own cabin to us.

I'm single for now but if I wasn't I would probably want my kids in a separate cabin! Just wondering what age you put your kids out of your cabin lol

We have two adult boys and all 4 of us shared a cabin on the first few cruises. When the older one was 20 and the younger one 15, they started having their own cabin. It is far easier for them and us. Mom is still paying, so they like it WAY better.

13 and 15. Not to say we wouldn't have done it sooner. We cruised with them when they were 9 and 11 and that was a tad too young for them to be on their own. Maybe adjoining cabins would have been ok/ But it was quite crowded with 4 of us in an inside cabin! :) And no it was not the romantic cruise that it can be when the kids are at home or in their own room. :D Next time they will be 17 and 19, definetly in their own room again.

We just booked our cruise this week and booked 2 rooms for the first time. We have three kids, ages 16, 13, and 6. This is also our first 7 day cruise. We decided the extra room on a 7 day cruise was worth it. We booked an interior room with walkway picture window for us and an interior room for the kids. Our 6 year old will probably still sleep in our room but the older two should be fine as they know the rules we have set for them and have been really good about checking in with us often when they do venture off on their own on past cruises. With 5 of us in one room, it gets really tight! I can't tell you how many mornings my wakeup call has been one of the kids coming off the top bunk onto our bed! :p Looking forward to a little more room this time around. Oh and it was just a little over $100 for two rooms vs the one. Sometimes you just can't put a price on space and keeping tempers down with teenagers to have a great vacation.

We put our kids almost 15 and almost 17 in their own room right next to ours for the first time on our upcoming cruise. I will have them check in at midnight which will be their curfew unless there is something special going on in the kids clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums