Kids on summer cruises

Been on 4 cruises during peak school holidays and it's never been an issue , yes it can get a little loud around the main pool during the day but its their summer holiday as well and it's no different from the pool area on a land based holiday.

I've never felt the need to complain or indeed consider a cruise outwith the holiday period because of any behavourial issues :)

Thanks, dont usually go round the pool areas, prefer the promenade deck. Im sure it will fine, even though we are still debating which itinery to do!

We have 'kids' (older teens actually) and I'm not too fond of a huge amount of kids which is one of the reasons why we like Thomson ships - they aren't actually full of kids in the peak season! It seems to be a nice amount - my teens have made some nice friends on the ships we have been on & they are generally pretty well behaved!

We met a lot of adults who work in the education & related sector last year on holiday in August.

If you think about it, there aren't actually a lot of family cabins on any of the Thomson ships & most people don't tend to pay the full adult price for kids & have separate cabins.......

Thats true, its not the cheapest holiday for families is it? I have nothing against kids, i dont have any of my own, but as long as they are well behaved its fine.lets face it, many adults can be as misbehaved after having some of the devils brew! Lol.

I shall stop worrying and start making decisions!

Thats true, its not the cheapest holiday for families is it? I have nothing against kids, i dont have any of my own, but as long as they are well behaved its fine.lets face it, many adults can be as misbehaved after having some of the devils brew! Lol.

I shall stop worrying and start making decisions!

No, it's certainly not a cheap holiday lol! I have certainly seen worse behaviour & attitudes on Thomson ships from adults than many teens or children!

Never had a problem with the kids on Thomsons, they are well looked after in the club and you only tend to see them when they march around singing the club song. NI and Scotland break up for summer earlier than England and Wales do, we met some really pleasant Children the last 2 years in early July.

If you look at some of the older P&O threads there have been problems with "feral" (their word not mine) teenagers running riot in the past. Staff and security seem to turn a blind eye. :eek:

On our cruise last year there was a large group of kids,when i say kids,secondary school age/youth clubbish who were generally well behaved but totally rude and ignorant when it came queuing at the burger station and they way the spoke to staff there.They obviously didn`t understand the meaning of queuing

I remember them Jim. They weren't British were they? Hubby thinks they were Mexican! I thought Spanish. Maybe a school or college trip? At least the disco was a bit livelier when they were onboard!

Edited by Sheila49

I remember them Jim. They weren't British were they? Hubby thinks they were Mexican! I thought Spanish. Maybe a school or college trip? At least the disco was a bit livelier when they were onboard!

Hi Sheila

I thought they were spanish but may well have been mexican..Yeah,they certainly kept the disco livelier.If it hadn`t been for them it would have been near empty