Just Off Explorer Of The Seas

I am glad people are on the rebound and feeling better. It sounds like they are trying hard to make the situation better for those on the b2b by keeping them busy.

I am on this cruise tomorrow and have packed my normal items and a few extras. I have two bottles of champagne and my box of truffles for my aft balcony and if people are getting sick I can ration the truffles and order up more champagne. My kindle is loaded and I plan on doing the same! :D

Ellen

Wishing everyone a safe journey home. When you have the opportunity, check all the posts full of conjecture on other threads.

We will be on the EOS in about 2 weeks. Hopefully, it will be an enjoyable vacation. But life is full of surprises.

For all the curmudgeons:

A journey is like marriage. the certain way to be wrong is to think you control it (Thanks John Steinbeck).

I am glad people are on the rebound and feeling better. It sounds like they are trying hard to make the situation better for those on the b2b by keeping them busy.

I am on this cruise tomorrow and have packed my normal items and a few extras. I have two bottles of champagne and my box of truffles for my aft balcony and if people are getting sick I can ration the truffles and order up more champagne. My kindle is loaded and I plan on doing the same! :D

Ellen

I like your way of thinking! Bon Voyage and enjoy

Ellen

Great attitude and let us know how you enjoyed your cruise!:D

Have some fun for us!

I have been reading these boards for a short while and got lots of good info for our cruise last week. The last thing we expected was to have our vacation cut short as a result of the horrible sickness that broke out just one day after we set sail. My wife and I were very lucky not to have caught the bug (it has not yet been determined exactly what the bug is or how it started) and we felt so bad for all of the passengers that did get hit. A word of advice for anyone sailing would be to prepare yourself by packing fever reducers, anti diarrhea medications, remedies for upset stomach, headache, etc. just in case you are hit by something.(I always have these things in my travel bag, no matter what type of vacation it is) It was nearly impossible to get seen by medical due to the amount of people that became ill. I can't imagine waiting for 4+ hours to be seen if I were feeling as badly as these people were. It is best to be prepared.

My wife and I do truly feel horrible for those stricken, and we also are very disappointed to have our vacation cut short. We made the best of it but there were canceled shows, activities, etc. We appreciate the reimbursements and credits being issued by RCI and understand that they were between a rock and a hard place but that was our vacation for the year. I think next year we will try a land based vacation on the beach.

Our best wishes to all those still suffering. Hope you all feel better soon.

Did you do anything special to prevent getting the virus?

Anyway....to get back on subject. :rolleyes:

I spoke to a friend who was on the EOS cruise prior to this one. She said her & her hubby got sick as soon as they got home. I guess the virus was already starting on the previous cruise and it got progressively worse on this one. So sorry for all that were affected and got sick during their vacation. It's never fun but I think RCI did the best they could in a horrible situation.

Legally RCI doesn't have to pay any type of compensation to the passengers. A RCI rep stated that on the news recently (not my words). But they did anyway was good business sense and I think it is what it is unfortunately. I won't ever keep me from cruising on RCI in the future.

Let's hope the cruise that leaves today stays healthy. This is just a bad time of year for any type of flu or virus. Wash your hands people, try to adhere to not touching railings, elevator buttons...common sense. Stuff happens unfortunately, happy cruising.....:eek:

Edited by Annefran

I have been reading these boards for a short while and got lots of good info for our cruise last week. The last thing we expected was to have our vacation cut short as a result of the horrible sickness that broke out just one day after we set sail. My wife and I were very lucky not to have caught the bug (it has not yet been determined exactly what the bug is or how it started) and we felt so bad for all of the passengers that did get hit. A word of advice for anyone sailing would be to prepare yourself by packing fever reducers, anti diarrhea medications, remedies for upset stomach, headache, etc. just in case you are hit by something.(I always have these things in my travel bag, no matter what type of vacation it is) It was nearly impossible to get seen by medical due to the amount of people that became ill. I can't imagine waiting for 4+ hours to be seen if I were feeling as badly as these people were. It is best to be prepared.

My wife and I do truly feel horrible for those stricken, and we also are very disappointed to have our vacation cut short. We made the best of it but there were canceled shows, activities, etc. We appreciate the reimbursements and credits being issued by RCI and understand that they were between a rock and a hard place but that was our vacation for the year. I think next year we will try a land based vacation on the beach.

Our best wishes to all those still suffering. Hope you all feel better soon.

Sorry that your cruise got shortened, however, glad that you & your spouse did not get sick. I agree with you to be prepared for anything that can happen. We look forward to out annual cruise in Feb. and my wife is a walking pharmacy when she does the packing. She packs not only our regular meds, but packs Tylenol, Advil, Pepto Bismol, antibiotics, cough syrup, etc. If you get sick it's quite expensive to go to the RCL's medical dept--plus the wait.