Air Tran Airways

travelmoxie

Canadian Needs Help!!

I've never heard of Air Tran before reading these message boards. We are looking to fly from Buffalo to New Orleans for our cruise in November and a search of Air Tran indicates a great rate. I know their flight times change, but don't they all, and I think we have enough cushion time on either side should that happen.

Is there anything else I should know about Air Tran or can someone suggest another carrier with good rates........

Appreciate your help.

One important fact of AirTran is that they make money. Not a common thing in the airline business. All new airplanes. Avg age 3 1/2 yrs. Nothing older than 5 yrs and all Boeing. The only airline that provides 100% fresh air ventilation in the cabin. Checked luggage allowance is two bags each weighing up to 70 pounds. All flights are priced one way. Recently was ranked second in overall service for 2004 and further named best in baggage handling by the FAA. They are currently taking delivery of an order for 110 plus new Boeing airplanes and expanding cities they service. I like the airline enough that I have bght some of their stock.

BTW. I just received an email announcing an AirTran sale for Florida destinations.

I fly air tran all the time. The last cruise they did change my flight time from 8:00am to 10:00 am, we actually left about 10:15 so no problem only 2 hour flight. Never had a real problem and use them evry chance I can since price is so reasonable.

That is terrific information folks. Given that travelling by air throughout Canada is incredibly expensive, the thought of paying $155 return from Buffalo to New Orleans seemed too good to be true. Thought maybe we'd either have to fly the plane ourselves, or sit out on a wing.

:p

Just came home from my first Airtran vacation experience... Philadelphia to FOrt Lauderdale. A+++++ all the way!

After last month's wonderful baggage experience with US Air :rolleyes: , I'd hop on any Air Tran flight in a second! The planes looked to be brand new. There was a nice flow of air going through the cabin before takeoff and after landing. Very comfortable seating and leg room. Pleasant crew, on-line check in and seat assignment available within 24 hours of flight and on top of all that, awesome prices!

I might also mention that originally I had booked one of my companions for the wrong month :eek: (couldn't figure out how come just his airfare cost more than everyone elses)... anyways, I called Airtran, and they obviously could see the mistake, waived the change fee and credited the confirmation for the difference, available to use for the next year, I believe ... not many airlines are gonna do that now-adays!

Good Luck

Hope your experience is as good as mine was... in my opinion, about as good as it gets!

A~:)

I fly Boston to Atlanta on Air Tran a lot and have never had an issue with them. Unlike some of the legacy airlines I really do feel they appreciate my patronage and you can't beat the prices. I check them, JetBlue and Southwest whenever I need to fly somewhere.

I we used Air Tran last March (Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles, transfer in Dallas) and were happy with the service. It is definetly a bargin airline , bare basics, but if you are happy with that you will be fine. Seats are close and cramped , but most airlines are that way now. Our luggage arrived on time with us, no complaints there. If it is a lot cheaper , Go For It. , more money to spend on your cruise :) Enjoy

Cori

I've flown AirTran several times and have never had a problem. My only complaint is that their seat pitch is fairly tight (30" vs. 31-32" on most other airlines) which is a problem for me (I'm 6'1"), but other than that, no compalints here.

According to the July 2005 issue of Air Transport World, AirTran carried the 5th largest number of passengers in 2004 of all of the World's "Low-Cost" carriers at a little over 13 million. As a point of comparison, the highest ranked low-cost airline in 2004 was Southwest carrying some 81 million passengers. In 2004, Air Canada -- who you may be more familiar with -- transported 27.6 million passengers. Thus, they are not an inconsequential player as some of the prior posts allude to.

I checked with Air Tran before booking our flights to LA for next January. I liked how on their pulldown list of cities, it says "Detroit Area". Select that, and it gives you Flint as the airport. That would be something like saying "Chicago Area" and flying to Indianapolis LOL.

Hi all. I just got an email from Air Trans customer service dept. you can book ahead about 6 month prior, not as far in advance as some carriers but they do have good prices.

Cori

Hi all. I just got an email from Air Trans customer service dept. you can book ahead about 6 month prior, not as far in advance as some carriers but they do have good prices.

Cori

Wish Independence Air booked that far in advance. I'm trying to cash in two free round trip tickets for December and they keep telling me the dates aren't opened yet :mad:

Archived