Galapagos Itinerary Change

Lauranne

I received an email from Silversea today saying that the first landing on the embarkment day has now been canceled and that this provides passengers an afternoon to rest and enjoy the ship. I wonder if there was some issue with this landing? (Bahia Sullivan)We are sailing on the 19th of April. Perhaps others will also be affected.

Laurie

We are on the North Central itinerary and our first stop has also been cancelled. I think that we are all arriving a bit later in the Galapagos- they have changed airlines. I suspect that by the time people got boarded, had the safety lecture, and sailed away it was too rushed and people weren't pleased with it. That is my guess anyway. I am not unhappy about it- having a bit of down time after boarding doesn't sound too bad.

I received an email from Silversea today saying that the first landing on the embarkment day has now been canceled and that this provides passengers an afternoon to rest and enjoy the ship. I wonder if there was some issue with this landing? (Bahia Sullivan)We are sailing on the 19th of April. Perhaps others will also be affected.

Laurie

Have no worries, it was all a bit of a rush and you are not missing anything special. I think it was there mainly for the previous owners' clients who were on a 4 day cruise (to make sure they felt they had 4 days on and off the islands)

Have no worries, it was all a bit of a rush and you are not missing anything special. I think it was there mainly for the previous owners' clients who were on a 4 day cruise (to make sure they felt they had 4 days on and off the islands)

Ah- good thought. Makes perfect sense, and it did sound a bit rushed- fly out, get on, get off, get on again. Repeat.