Playa next week...

kthill

If the Sensation keeps it's schedule we should be in Playa del Carmen next Wednesday. Anyone from around there reading these boards? Any idea how Xcaret fared? We are worried about all those beautiful turtles too.

may have found my own answer:

I found what seems to be good information that may help you. I watched this website during Emily and it seemed to be kept up-to-date well. http://www.cancun.bz/cancunweather.htm

This is the link for the info about the Mayan Riviera

http://www.cancun.bz/weather/mayan_riviera_report.htm

We are suppose to go to Xcaret on Wednesday the 27th but it sure doesn't sound like that will happen. :(

What a bummer! Sounds like bad news for the area between PDC and Tulum. We visited this area on our first cruise this April. Akumal and Yalku lagoon were beautiful. I am sure the area will rebuild itself quickly as tourism is such a major industry there. Best wishes to all in the area.

We are supposed to go to Playa on the Sensation in September, really looking forward to this port so hope damage is able to be fixed enough for them to offer some excursions. We were booking a snorkeling trip with Fat Cat and have emailed them to see what there damage is and the Puerto Aventuras area, since it was reportedly hit hard. If they email gets through and they can reply will let everyone know what they say. I haven't heard of any deaths in either Playa or Cozumel so that is great..

Heard from Adrianne at Fat Cat, they are operating as of today. She indicated that Puerto Aventuras would take some work itself, did not say how much damage. Just thought I would pass it on.

Archived