Cruise sponsored Aruba beach and island excursion question.

Gingee

I read the review on the Aruba island tour and then beach and they said there isn't any place to change clothes or sit in the beach area. That the beach chairs belong to a hotel.

Now I talked to someone who was with Princess last week in Aruba and she said they went to a beach with seats for the cruise people and a changing place.

So any experience anyone? We will be on Carnival.

Personally, I wouldn't bother to book a beach excursion in Aruba. It is super easy to find your own way to the beaches for a fraction of the price you will pay for an excursion.

When you get off the ship, if you walk about a block straight ahead, you will come to their bus stop where you can take a bus to the beach for $2.30 cents each way ( someone posted 2.60, so the price may have gone up). The main beaches are Palm Beach and Eagle Beach. Eagle is quieter, with less amenities and Palm Beach is where all the resorts are. There will be plenty of vendors who rent chairs, umbrellas, and any kind of water toys or equipment you might want. You can also book tours through many of the vendors. If you stop at DePalm pier, they offer numerous tours right there- or you can Google them and see what they have in advance. DePalm pier also has a bathroom that you can use.

All of the resorts are open to the public if you want to check out their shops and restaurants. Across the street from the beach area is loaded with more shops and restaurants.

If you want to save time or avoid the buses (which are clean, well-run, and nice), you can always grab a taxi to and from the beaches. It costs $14 each way per cab. There are always taxis waiting at the entrance areas of the resorts, so you can get one there if you don't find any by the main roads.

The people in Aruba are very friendly and nice and will help you find your way. I would save your excursion dollars and just do it yourself. You will find everything you need. The nice benefit of doing it yourself is that you can come and go at your own pace and not feel rushed. Just give yourself a good 30 minutes to get back to the port area if you are in a cab and an hour if you take the bus. The buses take longer because they tend to make lots of stops.

This picture was taken in front of the Riu Resort and is right next to DePalm pier (one of the bus stop destinations). The palapas belong to the resort, but all the area in front of the palapas are public beach access. You can rent umbrellas and chairs there at a local vendor.

DSC07149.jpg

This picture was taken a little further down in front of the Occidental Resort:

DSC07088_zpsf7c72c3a.jpg

Enjoy. I love Aruba!

I read the review on the Aruba island tour and then beach and they said there isn't any place to change clothes or sit in the beach area. That the beach chairs belong to a hotel.

Now I talked to someone who was with Princess last week in Aruba and she said they went to a beach with seats for the cruise people and a changing place.

So any experience anyone? We will be on Carnival.

Is it possible they went to the Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach? That is the only place I am aware of which has a changing room. LOL, more like a "booth". When we were there over Christmas and New Years there was a vendor renting chaises.

You can rent chaises from a vendor near Paradise Villas or MVC Eagle Beach as well.

For a day stop, I prefer Palm Beach where MDSue posted the first photo. There are two vendors at the foot of De Palm Pier who rent not only chaises but umbrellas as well. There are rest rooms, food and beverage all nearby.