We're platinum - should I get faster to the fun for my parents?

americaneskimo1

Hi, we are cruising on the legend this summer with a group of 13. Most of us are platinum but my parents are not. Should I buy the faster to the fun for them? If i do will they go through the embarkation line with us? They have difficulty with these things so I will either need to bring them with me in the platinum line or go with them in the regular line (I have no problem with that). But I wondered if the $50 faster to the fun would solve the problem??

I know I will be corrected if I am wrong but I thought as you do your on line check in use your credit card for their room also so they are connected to your sign and sail account and that way they go wherever you go. Than once on board go to the pursers desk and change their account to their credit card. Like I said if this is not accurate someone will let us know. I have done this with my daughter a few times and it works like a charm. (my daughter has a handicap so I need to make sure she is by me).:D

Thanks kamac56. I have heard this too. My older (adult) son has a separate room but we have him on our credit card and he checks in with us ( and unfortunately stays on the credit card). :rolleyes:

My dad is funny and likes to have everything all set up before hand and going to guest services and switching cards would not work well with him. He would just insist on going it alone through security before doing that! I just wondered if any one has seen the lines at Tampa and if the platinum and FTTF are together or if the port people would let us stay together - at least through security. I thought the FTTF purchase might allow all of us to stay in the priority line together without too much fuss.

Thanks kamac56. I have heard this too. My older (adult) son has a separate room but we have him on our credit card and he checks in with us ( and unfortunately stays on the credit card). :rolleyes:

My dad is funny and likes to have everything all set up before hand and going to guest services and switching cards would not work well with him. He would just insist on going it alone through security before doing that! I just wondered if any one has seen the lines at Tampa and if the platinum and FTTF are together or if the port people would let us stay together - at least through security. I thought the FTTF purchase might allow all of us to stay in the priority line together without too much fuss.

The FTTF line will be behind the Platinum line. You can go back in line and sit with them and board the ship when the FTTF is call to board. The FTTF is not allowed to sit in your Platinum line so they cannot board when the Platinum guests is call to board.

I know I will be corrected if I am wrong but I thought as you do your on line check in use your credit card for their room also so they are connected to your sign and sail account and that way they go wherever you go. Than once on board go to the pursers desk and change their account to their credit card. Like I said if this is not accurate someone will let us know. I have done this with my daughter a few times and it works like a charm. (my daughter has a handicap so I need to make sure she is by me).:D

Loop hole has been closed..

We purchased FTTF for our adult kids. They boarded right behind us in Galveston. We were all there before they started boarding so the kids had a separate waiting area but we only waited about 10 minutes. If boarding has already started when you get there, once you get your cards, you should be able to board together. FTTF will also be nice so they can drop their stuff off right away.

Thanks for the replies!

Micksmom- were you all allowed to go through the priority line at security together and they just separated you when you had to go to the counters to check in? That would work fine! I'm mostly worried about them going through security and up the escalator at the beginning of the process.

And bigsmooth - that would work great for us- we don't mind going back in line to sit with FTTF. At least it would get us on somewhat quicker!

We're Platinum and Diamond and bought our son and his family FTTF thinking it would be great to get on and off together. They stayed overnight in Galveston and the kids were bored in the morning so they headed over to the pier at 10am, got checked in and were the first people to board the ship. They were onboard before we were half way there. LOL

However, I was ticked off that the $49.95 put them ahead of lots of Diamond and Platinum guests and can imagine those people were not happy either about FTTF boarding first. Our son told us as we were standing in the VIP line at Guest Services what fools we were to have paid thousands of dollars to make Platinum and Diamond when you can buy it for a few bucks. Thanks Carnival for making our past guest status worth $49.95.

We were on a cruise with our daughter and grandbabies this December and bought the FTTF for them...it was the best thing we did as we were platinum. We checked in then just waited with them to board so we could go together...then went to our rooms and got to see their reaction to having a balcony room when they thought they were going to be in an inside cabin. The priority debarkation also was a plus for us! I know you are going to love it...have a great cruise with your family!