Cove Balcony on Carnival breeze

Cruiserjeleesa

I've sailed the Dream Class ( 2x Dream, 3x Breeze) all in a Cove Balcony port side. My room has ranged from under both guest services, the dining room and also under the galley. I've never experienced any noise issues whatsoever during those cruises.

Go for the Cove, you won't regret it! In my humble opinion, it's the way to go while aboard a Dream Class Ship :)

2 weeks ago and we had our first cove balcony! Loved it! We didn't experience any extra noise, the balcony seemed so private and cozy. I would totally book a cove again if we sail this class of ship. Not a huge fan of the ship itself, totally different decor and feel than other Carnival ships we have sailed. We love the Spirit class ships so we will sail those when we can. Go for the cove....I dont' think you will regret it at all.

We sailed in 2325 and 2321 (connected balconies for our party of five), which is right under the forward restaurant. We spent a lot of time in the cabin and never heard a single noise coming from above or elsewhere. It was our first balcony cabin and it was great to have a meeting place for our families. I loved being close to the water line. Below are the connected balconies opened up, the room itself and the view when we woke up in Key West.

964631_10200596462049421_1639057155_o.jpg

466349_10200596460049371_1191800596_o.jpg

919852_10200596463209450_2012233132_o.jpg

Edited by pointybubble

I would like to know how is the noise level?, I know it is under the galley and guest services. Is it disturbing or hard to sleep? and how was your room and balcony? can you keep the door open a bit?

Depends on location, choose carefully.

I didn't find my location loud but I found the balcony noise kept me awake. It made lots of creaking noise. I've always had a balcony but wouldn't get a cove balcony again. My daughters in the connecting balcony room also thought it was very loud. I think it's because the closeness to the water. Just a guess. 😳

We had a cove balcony last year and absolutely loved it, but we did hear alot of loud noises above us. Our room was 2441, under the galley. I wouldn't recommend that, but we loved the cove balcony itself! Great cabin for the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would like to know how is the noise level?, I know it is under the galley and guest services. Is it disturbing or hard to sleep? and how was your room and balcony? can you keep the door open a bit?

Was wondering the same thing. I like the fresh sea air.

Just got off a b2b on the Breeze in a cove balcony. Loved the balcony - hated the noise from the galley. Every morning at 2:00 am - LOUD noises for a couple hours. Just don't pick room 2401. Even with the noise issues - we will definitely book another Cove - just further away from the galley.

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know if 2358 is under the gailey?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, it is under the galley (not guest services). All rooms from the midship elevators to the aft elevators are under the galley. Some are more noisy than others. Below the dining room would be a perfectly quiet location. I would always recommend that location over any other on the ship.

Has anyone stayed in 2334? It is close to the elevators but there is a blank spot on the one side according to the deck plans?

I haven't stayed there. But it looks like you are right on the edge. You might be just barely below the dining room, which is a very good thing. The blank spot next to you is most likely a crew stateroom, probably for someone very special. I'm not sure if the fly-on entertainers get those nice rooms or maybe someone ranked high. Whoever it is, they will know to keep quiet. Some blank spaces in the deck plans are storage areas, which can have times where the stewards are making noise as they work. But I don't think your space is a storage area. It looks too much room-shaped, and it would be a waste of a balcony or OV to use that as storage. It's got to be a room for a VIP crew person.

I haven't stayed there. But it looks like you are right on the edge. You might be just barely below the dining room, which is a very good thing. The blank spot next to you is most likely a crew stateroom, probably for someone very special. I'm not sure if the fly-on entertainers get those nice rooms or maybe someone ranked high. Whoever it is, they will know to keep quiet. Some blank spaces in the deck plans are storage areas, which can have times where the stewards are making noise as they work. But I don't think your space is a storage area. It looks too much room-shaped, and it would be a waste of a balcony or OV to use that as storage. It's got to be a room for a VIP crew person.

Thank you for your input, sounds reasonable to me...

We stayed in 2289. Our balcony was half shaded by a lifeboat, so the next room down would have no lifeboat.

We didnt notice any noise from above, but did notice that the room was quite noisy from the ocean. It didnt bother us, as we like the sound of the waves crashing, but it was quite loud.

The other thing I noticed, that I've never seen mentioned here by anyone is that the lifeboats have lights that shine down on the water, so the ocean (and your balcony) is fairly well lit at night. No need for a balcony light at all.

Jaimee