SKY 3 day Bahamas?

gardiner41

There is not much info on here about this cruise or ship.

We are taking it for a weekend anniversary get away in April.

The rollcalls are super quiet and the reviews are mostly by first time cruisers or Carnival fans (blah!)

A couple of reviews by experienced cruisers were good.

If you have sailed on the sky for this weekend get away in the last few months I would love some feedback.

I've been scouring too since I'm sailing in December. Please make sure to come back and give a review or even just some tips. Definitely hard to find stuff about the 3-day!

Will do!

I can't even find anything on Great Stirupp Caye in the Ports of Call forum.

Hopefully some folks will chime in :-)

My husband and I were on the 3-day sky Dec 20 for our 3rd anniversary. It was our second time. We absolutely loved it. I have the dailies and can scan them to anyone who wants them. I don't know how to post them on here. We ate at the main dining room all 3 nights. There is a contingent of servers from St Lucia. Find them - they were all fantastic. Comedian was good but we didn't like the adults only show - too crude. Sushi at the plantation bar was fantastic. We liked sitting at the Great Outdoors for lunch. We'll go again for sure.

My husband and I were on the 3-day sky Dec 20 for our 3rd anniversary. It was our second time. We absolutely loved it. I have the dailies and can scan them to anyone who wants them. I don't know how to post them on here. We ate at the main dining room all 3 nights. There is a contingent of servers from St Lucia. Find them - they were all fantastic. Comedian was good but we didn't like the adults only show - too crude. Sushi at the plantation bar was fantastic. We liked sitting at the Great Outdoors for lunch. We'll go again for sure.

would love to have you send the dailies angelagardiner @ rogers.com (no spaces)

(this is a public email)

What did you do at each of the ports? and any tips?

We're doing a 4 day on the Sky in April. Have sailed her twice; nice, smaller ship. For dailies And pics check out

cruisewithgambee.com

When in April? We are the weekend of the 11th anniversary is on the 9th.

What excursions/experiences have you done? Any specific recommendations?

April 7th through 11th. Will be staying in an aft balcony cabin on deck 9. On our last 2 cruises we really enjoyed the great outdoors..spent alot of time sitting outside there. This trip we will be doing an island tour with Jermaines tours in Naussau, spending a day at the Grand Lucayan Resort in Freeport, and staying on ship for a spa day rather than going to the private island. Will likely have dinner in LeBistro as we enjoy the food, especially the creamy mushroom soup, yum.

Hope you enjoy the Sky as much as we do...again, a nice smaller ship.

April 7th through 11th. Will be staying in an aft balcony cabin on deck 9. On our last 2 cruises we really enjoyed the great outdoors..spent alot of time sitting outside there. This trip we will be doing an island tour with Jermaines tours in Naussau, spending a day at the Grand Lucayan Resort in Freeport, and staying on ship for a spa day rather than going to the private island. Will likely have dinner in LeBistro as we enjoy the food, especially the creamy mushroom soup, yum.

Hope you enjoy the Sky as much as we do...again, a nice smaller ship.

Thanks

We just got off the Jewel last Sunday. LOVED that ship. Crew was all excellent service very good our Steward the best we have had to date any ship any line.

I just looked at your pics. Now that you have sailed her twice, would you say the "kid's pool " is still best chance for less of a crowd. I did not like the look of the crowds around the pool, and may opt to avoid it and get my water time on shore. Though it would be nice to enjoy a soak at the end of the day..which is what we typically do before getting ready for dinner.

I was disappointed to see no adults only pool or hot tubs but on a 3 day cruise we can work around that easily enough.

Will do!

I can't even find anything on Great Stirupp Caye in the Ports of Call forum.

Hopefully some folks will chime in :-)

You have to look in the private islands section. There is lots of info.

My wife and I did the four day Sky cruise this past August.

We did enjoy the hot tub in the kids area up front in the evening.

In Freeport we rented a car and visited Gold Rock Beach which was really cool.

In Nassau we walked over to Junkanoo beach - it was only okay. In hindsight this would have been a good day to stay on the ship and perhaps take advantage of some of the spa specials.

On Great Stirrup Cay the Wave runner tour was a blast - highly recommend it.

There is not much info on here about this cruise or ship.

We are taking it for a weekend anniversary get away in April.

The rollcalls are super quiet and the reviews are mostly by first time cruisers or Carnival fans (blah!)

A couple of reviews by experienced cruisers were good.

If you have sailed on the sky for this weekend get away in the last few months I would love some feedback.

I've been on her twice, 2 four day, one 3 day. Love that ship and would return in a heartbeat!

We did it for our 10th anniversary back in August 2011. We went with 2 other couples that were celebrating their 10's as well. We all loved the ship and had a great time. We didn't get to GSC due to damage from Hurricane Irene, so we enjoyed the sea day. The pools weren't as crowded as I expected. We went to the MDR the 1st night then to Cagneys and the Italian restaurant. The spa was nice as well. It was basically a nice long weekend party. Would do it again

If you could send the dailies to me i would really appreciate it. I am sailing Valentines Day.

rickrone@gmail.com

The 3 night Sky is a major local (south Florida) weekend getaway. That is probably why the roll call is not active. I have been on both the 3 night and 4 night. The 4 night is the same price so if you have the time, it is definitely worth it since the pricing is usually identical. The highlight is always GSC.

Thanks everyone your input is all appreciated :)

We had originally planned to do a week with another cruiseline but DH can not take the time after us having 2 weeks in Dec and just getting back from another 2 weeks.

Which is why we are going to do the Friday to Monday, since it is just one extra day for him to take off.

Still not finding a lot on GSC on the private island forum..searched through about 5 pages and only a few threads...lots on Labadee.

But I think I have enough to go by...only info I have not found is more details on the Stingray experience.

Glad to hear the hot tub forward in the kids area is a potentially less busy quieter spot. We will look for it for sure.

We have friends who winter in Miami and have invited them to join us on this cruise. Their anniversary in April 20th so we would have a double celebration. We met them on the Epic last Feb...love those cruise buddies :)

I have noticed there is a significant price diference in the March sailings vs April..is this a trend..do they typically drop the price about a month out?

If so I will wait a few more weeks to book.

I booked our flights this week because I found one that was several hundred cheaper than the rest.

We are not worried about getting a cabin as Easter is the following weekend and probably the weekend more people will book.

Is there any kind of thermal spa on the ship? I am trying to figure out ways to beat the crowds if we find it a bit too busy for our liking.

Any other "quiet" spots anyone has found away from the crowds?

Thank you everyone!

I love the Plantation Club Lounge. They usually have a soft jazz band and mix up some great martinis or other mixed drinks. Great atmosphere.

Sounds like our kind of spot...thank you :-)

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know if they offer a chef's table on this cruise? We wanted to to it when we were on the jewel a week ago but it was sold out.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad we waited a couple more weeks to book.

We ended up booking our flights and then I waited as I noticed prices for the weekend cruise drop the closer you get to the date.

A couple of Days ago the cruise dropped 100 bucks..that's a lot on a 3 day cruise!

So we booked and took advantage of the free upgrade offer.

We also booked the UDP for this one. We rarely eat in the specialty restaurants as we enjoy the MDRS and a quick meal once in a while in the buffet on a longer cruise.

We decided for $59 bucks each on this one, we would do the UDP so we can have quieter evening meals since the ship typically has more kids and a younger demographic than on most ships we sail.

Cagneys all 3 nights..the menu looks excellent, not just steaks! plus any nights we decide to have a late night desert or early appetiser will create great dining experiences for us as well as a little more quiet.

We are going to do some kind of a snorkeling excursion at Nassau. My DH is a non swimmer but loves the boats, while I enjoy being in the water. Then we will spend the rest of the day on ship hopefully enjoying a quier afternoon around the pool/hot tubs.

Have any of you done private/independent snorkel excursions on Nassau. I for sure do not want a big group one through NCL.

I loved the Sky! Sailed the 4-day itinerary to celebrate my mom's retirement in 2011. It was my first NCL cruise and my parents' first-ever cruise. Would love to take my husband on it, because it was a nice, relaxing cruise.

Just wanted to say have a great time!

I sailed on the Sky back in November for my birthday. It was my first cruise, but it totally sold me on cruising.

I was in a suite, so lots of perks. I got a birthday cake for every meal (lunches included) and extra chocolate covered strawberries and the like. Plus the captain sang me happy birthday!

The ship as nice, but I didn't see much of it, given the short trip. The one thing to note was that the teens got a bit board towards the end of the cruise and you'd find them piled into one (or more) of the glass elevators, just riding up and down and hitting the buttons for every floor on the way.

I sailed on the Sky back in November for my birthday. It was my first cruise, but it totally sold me on cruising.

I was in a suite, so lots of perks. I got a birthday cake for every meal (lunches included) and extra chocolate covered strawberries and the like. Plus the captain sang me happy birthday!

The ship as nice, but I didn't see much of it, given the short trip. The one thing to note was that the teens got a bit board towards the end of the cruise and you'd find them piled into one (or more) of the glass elevators, just riding up and down and hitting the buttons for every floor on the way.

Thanks for the heads up..will watch for mischievous teens..though if that is the worst they did that is not bad ;)