1/18 breeze sailing night time CG sea rescue

Tutankhamen

I don't get it though, someone fell off the ship??

Sorry, wasn't clear here and certainly not clear with my youtube post. First time posting on youtube.

They did not fall off the ship. Someone needed more medical attention then the ship could provide. That is all they would tell us. Not sure if they fell, accident or had some sort of health issue.

Edited by Tutankhamen

Do to this all happening just before dinner, we ran back to the cabin just as the chopper pulled away. I took pictures of the speed and wind being displayed on tv in cabin. This was probably about 2 minutes after CG left. Wind direction was from the front of ship. So knock off speed of ship to get wind speed. The wind speed varied between 40 and number shown. More steady at 50ish. So I assume gusts were being recorded. But it was windy as hell up there.

1551562_10152075156647550_1173680115_n.jpg1

21385032_10152075156642550_1549068563_n.jpg2

Edited by Tutankhamen

Thanks for posting this. We were on the cruise too. We were at dinner when they announced that the chopper was coming. We finished dinner and went back to our cabin. We were aft, so we had a really good view of them coming up behind us. I know we weren't supposed to go outside, BUT I don't always do what I'm told!! I had to get one picture! The sounds were just amazing. Between the ship moving, the awful wind and the blades of the chopper, it was deafening. I'm still wondering what happened to the person who was air-lifted off?

We also got to see the Coast Guard chopper come rescue a passenger on a prior cruise. It sure is amazing to see. Yeah your not supposed to use any flash or sudden flashes as it interferes with the pilots eyes while using their night vision equiptment.

This is a video of part of the CG rescue at sea at night.

Ship sailing at 15knots.

Winds between 45 and 78 knots according to tv in room at time of rescue.

Memory card full so did not get entire rescue.

Very talented.