Future cruise credit

tommyj4

I recently returned from a Back to back on the Ruby. I have between my wife and I $1996.00 in FCC. I booked a cruise to Panama in the fall and are applying our FCC. My travel agent was originally going to give us $400.00 OBC but after applying the FCC she is only going to give us $75.00 OBC because see says Princess will not pay the commission on the FCC. I remember reading on CC not too long ago that Princess was going to pay TA's the commission on the FCC because many TA's were not going to book cruise for free if a FCC would pay for the cruise. Does anyone have anything from Princess that supports Princess paying on the FCC?

You are correct. Princess is giving TA's full commission in the FCC bookings. This came out Jan 9 in a bulletin, excerpt below...

Dear Travel Agent Partner,

Our 100% Princess® Getaways, 100% off! sale has done a great job attracting cruisers to book our short cruises, and now it’s a more lucrative opportunity for you.

As you know, the “100% off” in this promotion is provided in the form of a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on a future cruise booking of 7 days and longer. While our normal policy is to not pay commission on FCCs, Princess Cruises will now make these FCCs commissionable. This change is applicable to future 100% Princess Getaways, 100% Off! Offers; as well, Princess will automatically convert FCCs issued under the prior 100% FCC Offers to be commissionable.

This campaign has been very successful in allowing new passengers to experience our brand and bringing awareness to the new Princess Getaways product. And ultimately, we believe this extremely attractive incentive to book a longer cruise will develop long term customers for Princess and you, our valued travel agent partners.

We hope this added incentive helps kick-off a great 2014 selling year, as we continue to look for new and innovative ways to grow our businesses together!

Thank you for your support,

... My travel agent was originally going to give us $400.00 OBC but after applying the FCC she is only going to give us $75.00 OBC because see says Princess will not pay the commission on the FCC. ...

Either didn't get them memo ... or time to find a new TA ...