RC secures visas for their passengers?

Pwknox

Booked a cruise today to destinations that require visas, the rep stated and re-stated starting last year RC will secure all visas needed. We only need US passports. Can anyone confirm this?

If RC does secure visas do anyone know if it will be useable after the cruise.

For example we have 4 ports in India so I assume that would be a multiple entry visa, then we end our cruise in Dubai. I want to fly from Dubai to Delhi to visit the Taj. Will I need to acquire my own India visa for this flight?

Thanks

Are you on the repositioning cruise on Rhapsody next year? We have a roll call here.

You will be responsible for getting your own visas. If you do a search on the RCCL website the visa requirement website can be found there..... you can get a multiple entry visa for India.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I believe it depends on where the ship departs from, and whether a port of call requires a visa. If you need a visa to enter the country prior to embarking the ship, then you very likely need to secure it on your own. This is the case for our forthcoming Australia cruise, as we fly into Sydney for our cruise on the Radiance.

On the other hand, if a visa is required for a port call then it will be taken care of for you as long as you are on a ship-sponsored excursion. This was the case on our Baltic cruise. We flew into England (no visa required for Canadians) and for our port call in St. Petersburg the visa was taken care of by the cruise line because we were on a ship sponsored excursion. Those who wished to tour privately had to obtain their own visas for Russia.

Suzanne

We were on Vison last year in Russia and RCL took care of our visa if you booked shore excursion through them.Don't know about India

I believe it depends on where the ship departs from, and whether a port of call requires a visa. If you need a visa to enter the country prior to embarking the ship, then you very likely need to secure it on your own. This is the case for our forthcoming Australia cruise, as we fly into Sydney for our cruise on the Radiance.

On the other hand, if a visa is required for a port call then it will be taken care of for you as long as you are on a ship-sponsored excursion. This was the case on our Baltic cruise. We flew into England (no visa required for Canadians) and for our port call in St. Petersburg the visa was taken care of by the cruise line because we were on a ship sponsored excursion. Those who wished to tour privately had to obtain their own visas for Russia.

Suzanne

A few important Points to add to the above.

- In the cas of Russia RCI does not take care of an individual Visa for you when on a shore excursion. It´s actually more like you don´t need a visa of on a ships shore excursion, btw just like if you book private with many tour agencies. Some sort of a Group visa is obtained for those Groups and the tour guides have certain responsibilities with the Group, as to not let them wander off on your own.

- The above works for Russia, but does not grant it works like this in all ports a visa is required!!!

- Visa regulations are way too complicated, as they are a case by case Basis depending on what Country visited and what nationality the visitor has, to be answered in General

- In many cases visa requirements for cruise ship passengers vary from a land / air based entry into the Country.

To the OP:

If the cruise line takes care of the visa and if I´d be you I´d get this in writing, as it´s your responsibility to obtain the proper documents and otherwise you might be denied Boarding.

Even if the cruise line takes care of the visa, I highly doubt it will be valid for your flight back to India post cruise. My guess is you are on your own for this.

Does the cruise line gets your passport Prior to the cruise to apply for a visa? If yes and they actually send your passport into the Indian Embassy chances are good you´ll get a visa for your flight as well (no guarantee still though). If that´s not the case I doubt your passport will have a visa stamped in which would allow you to fly to India.

Booked a cruise today to destinations that require visas, the rep stated and re-stated starting last year RC will secure all visas needed. We only need US passports. Can anyone confirm this?

If RC does secure visas do anyone know if it will be useable after the cruise.

For example we have 4 ports in India so I assume that would be a multiple entry visa, then we end our cruise in Dubai. I want to fly from Dubai to Delhi to visit the Taj. Will I need to acquire my own India visa for this flight?

Thanks

This link from the RCI website should help con_bulletaqua_ico.gifMore information on Passport and Visa Requirements. s.gif

We are flying to Sydney Australia in April and had to obtain our own Visas for Australia.

Edited by cruisenfever