Jose Cuervo

EMcCruiser

DH and I are interested in touring the Jose Cuervo factory when we stop in Cozumel (cruising the Allure June 15). The RCI excursion "The Jose Cuervo Experience" is $68 each. Has anyone ever done this? Was it worth it? Can we go on our own and pay less? Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

I'm not sure what the RCCL excursion is about but there is no Jose Cuervo FACTORY (nor distillery, proper term for these) on Cozumel. There is a "Tequilla Factory" but it is primarily a retail boutique that offers some information and videos on how tequila is made (must be made in Jalisco and some small areas surrounding that state, to be called tequila) and it sells only one brand of tequila, Cava Antigua.

There are several places around that offer tequila tastings and show how tequila is made. Mr. Sanchos, Chankanaab Park, Casa Mission, et.al.. Perhaps one of these places is where your excursion is heading.

I'm not sure what the RCCL excursion is about but there is no Jose Cuervo FACTORY (nor distillery, proper term for these) on Cozumel. There is a "Tequilla Factory" but it is primarily a retail boutique that offers some information and videos on how tequila is made (must be made in Jalisco and some small areas surrounding that state, to be called tequila) and it sells only one brand of tequila, Cava Antigua.

There are several places around that offer tequila tastings and show how tequila is made. Mr. Sanchos, Chankanaab Park, Casa Mission, et.al.. Perhaps one of these places is where your excursion is heading.

tequila Jose Cuervo tour takes place at Discover Mexico, I thing they made and arrangement becuz Jose Cuervo put a big logo sign at the entrance of discover mexico, but as you say it is not a factory. they sell Cuervo but the factory/destillery is in Jalisco

you can read reviews about Jose Cuervo tequila tour at tripadvisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d154079-Reviews-Discover_Mexico_Cozumel_Park-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Edited by Kletina
yes

tequila Jose Cuervo tour takes place at Discover Mexico, I thing they made and arrangement becuz Jose Cuervo put a big logo sign at the entrance of discover mexico, but as you say it is not a factory. they sell Cuervo but the factory/destillery is in Jalisco

you can read reviews about Jose Cuervo tequila tour at tripadvisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d154079-Reviews-Discover_Mexico_Cozumel_Park-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

If for the $ you get to also wander around Discover Mexico, it can be fairly interesting. Lots of exhibits on artifacts from around the entire country and scale models of many of the Mayan and Aztec temples and other places. The store there is similar to a museum store in the US so it's a little different of a place to pick up souvenirs. But hopefully the tasting will have more than the 51% agave blanco stuff your average bar uses for margaritas.

• 2 months later...

I did this excursion just about a month ago and had a really good time. The excursion didnt start until 2pm I think so was able to sleep in some which I found nice.

The location of the tour is about a 5 min car ride from the port.

There is a 30-40 min cultural tour to start off, I was so upset with myself for not bringing a camera with me for that part.

For the Tequila tasting part they use the brand 1800 for all three different kinds of tequila (blanco, reposado & anejo) which are all 100% blue agave. the portions they pour for the tasting are generous, and they use Riedel tequila glasses for it as well. If you don't know anything about that company basically Riedel is world renown for fine crystal glasswear.

After that they make a very good margarita for you. finally we ended up at the taco stand. they were very good, if you like spicy try the green sauce.

I hope this helps you out, I know that the next time I go to Cozumel I am going to probably do this one again.

I did this excursion just about a month ago and had a really good time. The excursion didnt start until 2pm I think so was able to sleep in some which I found nice.

The location of the tour is about a 5 min car ride from the port.

There is a 30-40 min cultural tour to start off, I was so upset with myself for not bringing a camera with me for that part.

For the Tequila tasting part they use the brand 1800 for all three different kinds of tequila (blanco, reposado & anejo) which are all 100% blue agave. the portions they pour for the tasting are generous, and they use Riedel tequila glasses for it as well. If you don't know anything about that company basically Riedel is world renown for fine crystal glasswear.

After that they make a very good margarita for you. finally we ended up at the taco stand. they were very good, if you like spicy try the green sauce.

I hope this helps you out, I know that the next time I go to Cozumel I am going to probably do this one again.

Thank you! It sounds great! We already booked this excursion and I'm looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

we did this through Carnival in August 2013 and was lucky to remember to bring the good camera. Discovery Mexico was fantastic and the tequila sampling was quite hefty enough to keep my head a bit dizzy for a while. the tacos were marvelous and our tour guides were great. we are headed back to area August 2014 and was hoping to just visit the tequila section. i recommend this excursion