Steamers and blow dryers??

tracico

Do they have blow dryers already in the cabin? Also, It states no irons but I was going to bring a steamer, how do you get the wrinkles out of your clothing with nothing? I am sailing on the Miracle this Sunday.

I bring my steamer with me. It works fantastic. I iron everything at home before I pack it then, I do all the touch ups when I unpack!

We are on the Navigator this Saturday!:D

Bon Voyage!

Ollie:)

Steamers are fine, we have taken ours several times. If you pack carefully, you may not need one. There are also other alternatives, such as Downey Wrinkle Release, mist with plain water, hang in the bathroom while you shower. My favorite.....send the item out to be pressed.

Iron everything, pack formal clothes on hangers and drape with dry cleaning bags. If you pack well, so clothes don't shift, but not so tight they are squished, you will find wrinkles are at a minimum.

I like to take my own hair dryer, I've never been pleased with the ones on ships. I cut down my packing in so many other areas, it's not a big deal. Leave home any "stuff" that you absolutely can get away with not having, if you follow the lists you find on these boards, you will be overburdened. So much of it is uneccesary. Cut way back on clothes, shoes and electronic devices, pens, note paper, duct tape, insulated cups, you will be happier and your back will thank you.

Have a great cruise!

All Carnival ships have passenger laundry rooms located on each deck. Washers, dryers, irons, and ironing boards are provided. Downy Wrinkle Release is a good alternative. Steamers are ok in the cabins, as they are much lower voltage than irons.

It states no irons but I was going to bring a steamer, how do you get the wrinkles out of your clothing with nothing?

Downey Wrinkle Release! Available at grocery stores and Walmart. Works great.

I don't know about the hairdryers on the ship you are going on but the ones on NCL Majesty are horrible! They hardly blow any air out at all and mine had a very bad stale cigarette smell blowing out of it!! My niece brought hers so we shared it.....I will never leave home without it again :)

I have only ever gone without my hairdrier once. NEVER AGAIN.

Breathing on your hair would probably be more effective if you have anything but the finest hair. Also, most of the time, you have to keep the button pressed forwards and as soon as you let go it cuts out. I found this particularly difficult when trying to dry different areas of my head. I suppose it really depends on your hairtype, but if it has it's own will, needs taming, is longer or thicker than average take your own.

Archived